IGNORED

eryngi things

eryngi

Really dig planetes A. That sub bass that keeps coming out and in, and the delay on the synth always changing. Also love the bitcrushy textures that you've put over the top.

That reversed section at the end could be explored more imo, such an interesting change but it ends v suddenly.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks UnaPeaks! ah cool, reversed audio often seems so sort of cheesy now, but i liked what it did to the rhythm. do like the idea of doing a cheesy little effect and then doubling down and keeping it going for ages until it becomes the whole track :) thx for listening

• 1 month later...

haven't made any new traks but i made this little generative art program/lightsynth thing, like, a somewhat unpredictable visual instrument.. 

basically, it draws low resolution abstract patterns & you control it in realtime with the computer keyboard... i want to eventually get it to where it can be used to make live visuals for music. (at the moment there's no saving of states, so there are always awkward moments of finding a good colour palette, beginning to generate shapes etc... this can look cool in a glitchy kinda way but i'd like it to have the ability to be more seamless & varied).  it'd be cool to make it able to generate MIDI CCs too so it could sync up with gear, or be used as a sequencer.

video of me playing it... (music's from my last EP but it's not meant to be a music video, i just pasted the tracks in afterwards so the video wouldn't be silent)

you can download the program here if you wanna give it a go: https://eryngi.itch.io/oobaculi

it's probably super opaque and impossible to figure out, haha, i haven't made a manual yet...

cheers manju! =) if anyone has a go i'd be interested in hearing if it....well..made any sense whatsoever... probably will never get so far as to make it actually useful to anyone but me. s'fun to tinker with tho..

yep, similarly low resolution and pixelly, tho this can do high rez too.. love all the little trippy graphics demos people do with pico-8.

i tried recording that video to VHS tape and playing back on a small CRT tv, looks rad all blurry and glowing... now waiting for hdmi-to-composite video converter box to arrive so i can record hours of this live because ???

another long vid of testing some new different modes in my video art thing...

really gotta get around to making new controls, so i can play it more fluidly.. 

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

hi for the first time in awhile! music hasn't been coming easy lately.. too busy with stupid life n stuff.. but i did this ep the other day-

https://eryngi.bandcamp.com/album/phonegg-1

getting back to my roots with some lite IDMish cheesiness done in Buzz tracker. just a quick little thing.

• 1 month later...
On 3/25/2020 at 5:49 PM, eryngi said:

hi for the first time in awhile! music hasn't been coming easy lately.. too busy with stupid life n stuff.. but i did this ep the other day-

https://eryngi.bandcamp.com/album/phonegg-1

getting back to my roots with some lite IDMish cheesiness done in Buzz tracker. just a quick little thing.

bump for q u a l i t y t u n e s 

why isn't everyone all over this it rules

Archived