IGNORED

Mouse on Mars - Dimensional People

Lada Laika

i love how they always make these behind the scene clips, also these guys are exactly how i would imagine avant-garde artists from the 20´s to be.

I feel like we're in for a real treat with this album. 

edit - also, second sample up on TJ? That wasn't always there was it?  https://thrilljockey.com/products/dimensional-people

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

i love how they always make these behind the scene clips, also these guys are exactly how i would imagine avant-garde artists from the 20´s to be.

edit - also, second sample up on TJ? That wasn't always there was it?  https://thrilljockey.com/products/dimensional-people

i wonder who payed for all that because it looks pretty costly , the whole spacial production, guest musicians, working in 2 studios and so on

i wonder who payed for all that because it looks pretty costly , the whole spacial production, guest musicians, working in 2 studios and so on

I got the impression from the video that most of the collabs etc were between friends, a lot of the album improvised, jam sessions/beer drinking etc. If that makes any sense?

He did mention a good chunk of it was recorded in their new studio (I recall them posting on FB they were building a new home studio to record this in, I think that was posted last summer or so?). But agreed, some of it does look pretty costly, robots and whatnot. lol

I got the impression from the video that most of the collabs etc were between friends, a lot of the album improvised, jam sessions/beer drinking etc. If that makes any sense?

He did mention a good chunk of it was recorded in their new studio (I recall them posting on FB they were building a new home studio to record this in, I think that was posted last summer or so?). But agreed, some of it does look pretty costly, robots and whatnot. lol

yeah but even these "jams" cost time and there where also some classical trained musician which you have to "hire" and also things like eating, traveling, marketing, production all these things cost a lot of money. however they sure have some good connections.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

got my vinyl in the mail today! Isn't that early? Blerp says expected to ship tmrw. 

Rare that I get albums early. Rare as in basically never. Dope!

Got my cd today. This album is wild.

oh wicked!! 

I won't have time to listen until Sunday I don't think. Comparable to any of their back catalogue? Sufficiently trippy? lol

details details! edit: how long is it in total? Single LP.

Got my cd today. This album is wild.

oh wicked!!

I won't have time to listen until Sunday I don't think. Comparable to any of their back catalogue? Sufficiently trippy? lol

details details! edit: how long is it in total? Single LP.

Very different. Almost motorik in some parts. Vocals blended to a T. Dirty language. Pure MFM.