IGNORED

Ground Loop Isolators

Polytrix

i used to use a ups.. but you can get cheaper power conditioners if you want to make sure your current is stable

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tacima-Conditioner-Frequency-Interference-Filter/dp/B000PS5700

disclaimer: i have no idea about above thing, i'd do some research for all the options before buying 

I've had some success with these Behringer (!) units https://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-MICROHD-Hum-Destroyer-HD400/dp/B000KUD2G4

Mainly for some unbalanced outs to a balanced patchbay.  Sorted the noise right out, so potentially might be handy for ground loop issues.  They don't cost the earth either.

I actually bought an art dti transformer and stuck it between my interface and the tube amp and I'm still getting the amp (without any input) outputting a -90db interference hum (pretty much what I was getting before) so I've kind of resided myself to the fact that little dot tube amps ain't ever gonna work well with my laptop and just kind of live with the hum. I suppose at such a low level it is hardly noticeable but I do wonder if it fucks with sub harmonics etc etc when recorded at the same frequency. I don't know, I should probably try it with a desktop computer and see if the problem remains. I feel as though I've essentially been a bit too much of a perfectionist/ want something higher level than I can realistically achieve given my pretty budget/beginners bedroom recording set up. La la la

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah Fenton that's exactly what I bought actually. I wonder if I'm inserting it in the signal chain wrong. Don't think so though to be honest. Thanks for help everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived