IGNORED

Pendant - Make Me Know You Sweet

species8472

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering I think this album works best as a long piece rather than individual tracks... I still gotta say:

The center track IBX-BZC is outstanding.  It always manages to grab my attention, or jumpstarts my imagination, at the perfect time when the album has just about faded into the nether-zones of concousness.  The drawn out creaking sounds make me feel like im inside of a shipwreck at the bottom of the fucking ocean, with little creatures flickering in and out of the darkness.

• 1 month later...

Just a fanboy returning to this thread, but the last track, NMQ-HYT, is really messing with my head right now. When you listen at low volumes it sounds rather monolithic, like a single drone over white noise. But when you listen close and loud it sounds like its composed of tons of moving synth lines layered together. After a strong coffee (drug of choice..) my brain goes crazy trying to parse melodies out from the murky layers. I get a similar phenomenon with all end from NTS and some 1991 stuff

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

For those that missed it the uon ep mentioned on the previous page has been repressed and is currently back on sale. Recommended for fans of the Pendant album.

i only recently realized uon is same producer as that caveman lsd record for city 2; same style as uon and hs, worth checking out

also.. ive been making some homebrew cassette versions with artwork of some of my favorite albums recently, and the pendant album made the cut. also autechre warp tapes.  will post pics when i get around to it

• 4 weeks later...

Archived