Sign in to follow this  
Stickfigger

Melted Self

Thanks for listening mammal! Got any tips for a tape simulator ? I've been looking at some cheap 4 tracks lately but haven't found one at a price point I'm happy with .

do you have ableton live? i love SMACKOS Tape Station by Legowelt, available on his website.. mega tape compression sim rack.. though i always turn the tape hiss and warble dials right down. whatever it does to squash everything is magic.

thanks for the tip

This Mother is really good. I love the pacing of the groove, and all the sounds really, especially the flourishes and details, some of which are perfectly quiet in the mix.

Yes, the mix is glorious. Those reverb like sounds far in the background really add life to the whole mix

Thanks guys.

PS. Dosageform your review on bandcamp made me lol

12.2.b is fucking lit, love the intricate sound design

Thanks mate! That one is on Melted , Vol.1 on bandcamp and spotify btw... its called Arbitrary Title now because distrokid was having a spack attack when i was uploading song titles that were purely number based. BCM said he has had no issues with that before so maybe they just didn't like the tracks lol

That track was when i first really started to incorporate a bunch of live resampling into my music using the octatrack. Been making a few bits here and there outside of the current stuff i'm doing that uses a similar technique ... should be putting that up sometime soon.

Cheers for listening!

https://meltedself.bandcamp.com/album/melted-vol-1

Edited by Stickfigger

New track ...

Edited by Stickfigger

Sounding very nice, love the initial riffage and groove change, then with the lovely weird trippy melodies to outro with, deep track.

i was expecting to listen to a few mins and dip out or skip around as i usually do with YLC tracks of this length, but there's more than enough variety to keep it engaging and to justify the length. i like some sections a lot. not a fan of the opening section though – without the elements later sections add the drums stand out as being very on the grid. the 2:29 section is where the track really opens up and gets interesting for me.

Thanks aux!

QQQ - thanks for listening and the feedback . Maybe if u listen again start from 2:29 lol. That first bit yeah it's a bit different to what I normally do and is on the grid as you've said. Points taken , not stirred

not too shabby, stickfigger, not too shabby! keeps evolving and evloving, I like this

it's punchy and shiny and rich, full of texture

and it's a delicious thing, a very delicious little tasty morsel of a track

mmmmhhhhhhh

Glad you enjoyed it

Really dark track. Loving the gnarly bass sound! And the sidechaining.

Nice track. Party on Wayne

Solid (as ever). Something . . . more dank club amosphere about this one. Like, there should be smoke in the air, large subwoofers, bodies swaying like marionettes. Def a "head nod" track. What did you use for the growl bass? 

Hey T3551ER

This track is from an EP i just put out (you can see it in the EKT sub) ... 

These recordings are all 100% digitone jams edited down in Cubase although i think the version that ended up on the release is mastered slightly different and is a bit brighter.

Heh on the club vibes...  not particularly indicative of the rest of the tracks this one :)

All digitone? Wow.

Sound(s) is (are) great. Club vibes - if the club is in an edgy sci-fi movie.

Maybe a bit repetitive - but then that may  be the club vibes.

Really like the breakdown bit. Very clever. Thumbs up.

Hey T3551ER

This track is from an EP i just put out (you can see it in the EKT sub) ... 

These recordings are all 100% digitone jams edited down in Cubase although i think the version that ended up on the release is mastered slightly different and is a bit brighter.

Heh on the club vibes...  not particularly indicative of the rest of the tracks this one :)

GD dat digitone. Need to cop one of them. Think you said you did. . . Kingdom on a digitone only? Friggin' lush. Thnx for pointing out EP, snagged it. 

(Oh, btw, when I say "club" I mean that room downstairs at the WARP party in NY where they were playing dark DNB and jungle and shit. Not some friggin' frat edm bullshit "club" music) 

Kingdom on a digitone only? 

(Oh, btw, when I say "club" I mean that room downstairs at the WARP party in NY where they were playing dark DNB and jungle and shit. Not some friggin' frat edm bullshit "club" music) 

The tracks Cascade, Mosaic, and Ella (all hops btw) from the things i did last year were all digitone... Kingdom is a bunch of different stuff :)

Lol @ club. Melted Tiesto

Thanks for picking up the EP - i hope you enjoy it!

Edited by Stickfigger

Loved this. Evolves so naturally and really pleasing sounds

Posted (edited)

This is really nice...  I especially like the ambient section at the end!

I do feel that the mix could have some more dynamic range, and a little bit more space in the midrange.

Sounds in the low and high range seem to be overcome a bit by synths sitting in the middle.

Edited by Juventae