IGNORED

Claro

Lane Visitor

• 6 months later...

WTF are you guys smoking, she's pretty awful. She's an industry plant who's only getting noticed because her dad is one of the head advertising executives for Converse. She has little to no vocal range or energy.

It seems like she was playing that song in the attic quietly to not wake people in the house up. Just a kid though, keep writing songs and all that. 

She's had a few official videos out since, she's quite bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byGeEw9tRh8

and the bonus awful live video:

She's also come under scrutiny that the backing beats on her songs are literally just default samples made by other producers she's grabbed online, despite her claims of self-producing.

WTF are you guys smoking, she's pretty awful. She's an industry plant who's only getting noticed because her dad is one of the head advertising executives for Converse. She has little to no vocal range or energy.

I read that recently too but this thread was posted before that was discovered ( at least by me).

But even so, what does it matter what her dad does? I never said "daaamn look at this organic rise of an artist from her bedroom to viral sensation!", I just really love her vocal melodies, overall vibe and performance style. And if her dad wrote those melodies, well then fuck me, her dads got some cool material lol

I don't care of an artist is packaged and a marketing stunt, if their music is cool, it's cool. Sex Pistols were essentially a boy band created as a concept by their manager, but they're the epitome of cool.

• 3 weeks later...

I read that recently too but this thread was posted before that was discovered ( at least by me).

But even so, what does it matter what her dad does? I never said "daaamn look at this organic rise of an artist from her bedroom to viral sensation!", I just really love her vocal melodies, overall vibe and performance style. And if her dad wrote those melodies, well then fuck me, her dads got some cool material lol

I don't care of an artist is packaged and a marketing stunt, if their music is cool, it's cool. Sex Pistols were essentially a boy band created as a concept by their manager, but they're the epitome of cool.

It matters because her entire shtick was being a"DIY bedroom producer"

Its mediocre music that broke with industry connections expensive PR campaigning conducted in very subtle manners. Thousands of far more talented and sincere artists can't swing that, especially ones with day jobs and/or working class backgrounds.

Sure the Sex Pistols were a curated group as well but they we're still doing stuff that was novel, exciting, and inspirational at the time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Its mediocre music that broke with industry connections expensive PR campaigning conducted in very subtle manners. Thousands of far more talented and sincere artists can't swing that, especially ones with day jobs and/or working class backgrounds.

Sure the Sex Pistols were a curated group as well but they we're still doing stuff that was novel, exciting, and inspirational at the time.

Aree with you that it kinda cheapens the feeling of her as an artist. Didn't make me enjoy that Sailor tunes or the others less though, cuz I'm a sucker for pretty melodies. I actually haven't bothered to listen to anything of hers since some of those "bedroom" produced videos, so I'm not sure what Id think about her actual "debut", which if polished and super produced is sure to take away some of that the charm.

At this point industry suits whoring out organic things just doesn't surprise me anymore, maybe that's why I take a mehh approach to those things these days lol

Aree with you that it kinda cheapens the feeling of her as an artist. Didn't make me enjoy that Sailor tunes or the others less though, cuz I'm a sucker for pretty melodies. I actually haven't bothered to listen to anything of hers since some of those "bedroom" produced videos, so I'm not sure what Id think about her actual "debut", which if polished and super produced is sure to take away some of that the charm.

At this point industry suits whoring out organic things just doesn't surprise me anymore, maybe that's why I take a mehh approach to those things these days lol

No worries. These things are hard to approach, especially when there's actual talent involved. I get somewhat riled up but I just don't have time to pursue it further. I can't fault anyone for liking it regardless. There just needs to be more transparency in hyped music, that's all.

Archived