IGNORED

Unreleased Prince music coming

Rubin Farr

This is something that he didn't want to happen, but I guess there was nothing to be done to stop the money-hungry family members from trying to cash in.

This is something that he didn't want to happen, but I guess there was nothing to be done to stop the money-hungry family members from trying to cash in.

Honestly, as a MN resident, it's kinda sickening how much people have tried to cash-in on his legacy around here, his own family and others.

There's Prince memorabilia fucking EVERYWHERE here since he died, making him into the next Cobain level martyr of music or something. It's weird because half of these people buying into the crap you know never cared for him beyond Purple Rain, 1999, or Little Red Corvette (I'm admittedly not a huge fan myself, but  at least recognize the guy was talented.)

Also, "Prince Stories" of people encountering him while he was alive have been a thing around the Twin Cities for decades, as prolific and eccentric as he may have been, the guy was kinda known for being rather an insufferable asshole.

Prince was a genius, to me.

but yeah, In Delaware I had a friend who was a sound engineer for live shows and Prince gave him five minutes and he was fired. Early 90's. I just remember hearing that Prince ripped him a new asshole

I’ve read a couple different things that make me think that Prince intended for the music in the vault 2 be released… eventually. Otherwise why have a vault?

Anyway in the meantime how about some good new pressings of “released” but rare stuff like Chocolate Invasion, The Slaughterhouse, all the video collections, the piano album, Crystal Ball, etc. etc. etc? Heck they even teased recent stuff like a Montreaux DVD and 20ten “Deluxe” which never happened. 

I dunno, I’ll believe it when I see it. Things in the Prince music business land have been dysfunctional for so long, hopefully they don’t make a mess of things. 

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Another vault release out next week, this time songs Prince wrote for other artists; Sheila E, The Bangles, The Time, Sinead O'Connor.  Some recognizable stuff on there, so curious to hear his original interpretations.

TRACKLIST

01 “Sex Shooter” (Apollonia 6)

02 “Jungle Love” (The Time)

03 “Manic Monday” (The Bangles)

04 “Noon Rendezvous” (Sheila E.)

05 “Make-Up” (Vanity 6)

06 “100 MPH” (Mazarati)

07 “You’re My Love” (Kenny Rogers)

08 “Holly Rock” (Sheila E.)

09 “Baby, You’re A Trip” (Jill Jones)

10 “The Glamorous Life” (Sheila E.)

11 “Gigolos Get Lonely Too” (The Time)

12 “Love… Thy Will Be Done” (Martika)

13 “Dear Michaelangelo” (Sheila E.)

14 “Wouldn’t You Love To Love Me?” (Taja Sevelle)

15 “Nothing Compares 2 U” (The Family/Sinéad O’Connor)

IMG_4983.JPG

Archived