IGNORED

James Blake - If The Car Beside You Moves Ahead

Kavinsky

The track and video are super lush ! reminds me of his first releases which where amazing experimental electronic music before he went full whiny pop crap. I really hope his next Lp is going to sound like this !

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Super dope track! Blake is one if my fav artists, i can see why people think some of his works are whiny but if you take some time to listen to his albums you'll see the beauty and hard work in it

Pretty damn good, hip kids seems to be flipping their shit over it (reddit/indieheads) but nonetheless I have to say it's a nice teaser for his future stuff. Sounds like he's getting back to experimenting a bit.

Really excellent and tasteful. A true artist in that he's not actively espousing modern production mainstays like side chaining to kicks, trap hi hats etc. He is doing something really novel and emotional with the chipmunk voice thing (which *has* been popular for a few years now). Video is beautiful.

He is doing something really novel and emotional with the chipmunk voice thing

Thanks for wowing up my week Goit! :doge:

Color me bemused b/c all I continue to hear is post-emostep Phil Collins for the p4k autofellatio set

So a short while back he opens with this banger on an EP/single of the same name - which I wil unabashedly admit is str8 (camp)fire:

Then you get to track 4 of 4... and this:

Is like, "whoops, almost forgot yr douche chills, here ya go :cisfor: "

this is bad..."music"

lol

I found something that hurts my ears/brain/soul more than OPN. Thanks kavinsky. =)

Creative Process - 1. Take really annoying vocal sample or sound 2. Make sure the sample is some pitched up typical EDM cliché gibberish chipmunk stuff. 3. Have a seizure and flop your hand around on the keyboard you have the sample loaded up in, triggering the sample hundreds of times in generally random manner.  4. Tip fedora. 5. Profit.

edit: I'm sure he's a nice person and stuff. 

edit edit: for some reason I feel like step 6 is "shop at whole foods exclusively".

lol

Yeah I'm not sure what to make of this.

I'm not sure what would make someone want to listen to something that sounds like a manic schizophrenic episode with all kinds of random (really really bad) vocal samples of "fake feels" being triggered nonstop. It's like an epileptic Burial.

Actually wait, is it all done "ironically" and it just went way over my head?

It`s not like he suddenly was the first who figured out how to cut up tapes or something, of course it`s a gimmick, James is being edgy. I think he is a good producer- better than most, but this is boring. Just be Phil Collins and embrace it, Wilhems scream and Retrograde was very good, I can`t dance would be awesome.

Archived