IGNORED

James Blake - If The Car Beside You Moves Ahead

Kavinsky

There's this visceral hatred here for anyone who is percieved as "selling out", or making music that is positively recieved by women. Maybe consider how sexist that is.

I think this might be the first time I've read something like this.

Why would music being positively received by women affect anyone else's enjoyment of it?

I'm not saying you're wrong I'm just wondering where you got that impression.

The sellout thing, I can see that for sure. I've seen comments (even from myself) along those lines.

Just the comments earlier in the thread about "shrill/high pitched screams" at the James Blake concert and female fans, as well as the distain WATMM showed for Machinedrum seemingly pandering to ladies to get laid, implying some unsavory things about his fanbase since he deviated from the IDM agenda... I'm just saying, it's legit to call an artist cringy or whatever, but dont rag on them or their fans because of their gender or because theyre not tryin to appeal to your braindance sensibilites. To each their own, right?

^^ agreed, between this thread and the FWP the misogyny button has been being slammed a lot round these parts lately. not that that’s anything new (or acceptable) but it’s been especially more noticeable how dongheavy braindance as a genre really is.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunno why bulk's getting his knickers in a twist

They're not. I'm just having some discussion, given it's a forum and all that.  :cerious:

well if you write stuff like :I have to remind myself that for some people Justin Bieber is music god. Some people like shitty things I guess.

and

Belongs in a playlist with coldplay and nickleback

then its more of a provocation then a discussion.

anyway case closed.

I have to remind myself that for some people Justin Bieber is music god. Some people like shitty things I guess.

But that's true. Some people are beliebers. And that's some shitty music (I think almost 99% of watmmers would agree).

Who are you to say they're wrong? Just like asserting I'm wrong for not liking James Blake. 

It's an absolutely valid comparison.

I have to remind myself that for some people Justin Bieber is music god. Some people like shitty things I guess.

But that's true. Some people are beliebers. And that's some shitty music (I think almost 99% of watmmers would agree).

Who are you to say they're wrong? Just like asserting I'm wrong for not liking James Blake. 

It's an absolutely valid comparison.

you dont have to like james blake i´m also not a fan but pls dont compare him to justin bieber

this is bad..."music"

I've not heard something so unashamedly bad in a long time.

This type of music (+ burial etc) is so incredibly cookie cutter, the feelings and angst sound so contrived, manufactured feels. I really don't understand it. It's music for high school or something.

lol It's not bait. This is shitty music.

Anyways, you guys enjoy. 

[...] Some people like shitty things I guess.

Not trolling. I just think it's shit music (OPN, Burial too). It just feels fake, manufactured feels.

[...] I'm just having some discussion, given it's a forum and all that.  :cerious:

we can discus and not like stuff, but it's not cool to crap allover someone that put's hard work in their music and the people that like the music

we still love you tough bulk, you friggin nun on steroids

Archived