IGNORED

jordan peterson

zaphod

With regards to compelling people to adopt made-up language such as gender-neutral pronouns (not he nor she), and having it backed by law such that those who refuse to conform to the new language get punished, is up for reasonable debate. And that's that

All language is made-up and it also changes. Woah.

What exactly is so horrendous about marginalized people speaking up about their experiences and demanding that they be treated with respect and as fellow human beings? What is the source of all this vitriol against this social justice? Is it just that the white Christian straight male is so fragile that any discussion where they are not setting the framework for the discussion is met with derision and down right hostility.

Will these anti-SJW people in the future be placed in the same bin of history as these people?

d7b4853fb7f7bd540069228b0fe4-should-race

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Hi I identify as a street lamp. I've always known I was a street lamp ever since I was around 5 years old, I've always felt really bright and tall and rigid. I know my DNA says I'm a boy but I'm sure I'm a street lamp. 

Please gov't pay for my street lamp transformation surgery + lifetime of street lamp hormone drugs so that I look marginally like what I identify as, with taxpayer collected dollars.

Also, you'll now have to have this confusing discussion with your children because an infinitesimally small % of the population has identification issues but this has now entered the vernacular and so your children may think they're mattresses or something else they're not really." 

I don't take the position of what I've said there ^ but that's why most people have an issue with it in Canada. I'm from a fairly conservative area and that's the general consensus.

Edit: It seems that most people here care less about the substance of the issue (they don't care how people think of themselves, what they put up what holes in their bedroom, how they dress or identify etc), and more about how the issue is constantly at the forefront of discussion when there is (arguably) more important stuff to deal with then where someone goes for a shit or a piss (whether they should have gender neutral bathrooms in public high schools was front page news for weeks.). 

All of the cases mentioned in that wiki are people who identify as either male or female. With respect pattern, that's not quite the issue of contention here.

With regards to compelling people to adopt made-up language such as gender-neutral pronouns (not he nor she), and having it backed by law such that those who refuse to conform to the new language get punished, is up for reasonable debate. And that's that

"Hi I identify as a street lamp. I've always known I was a street lamp ever since I was around 5 years old, I've always felt really bright and tall and rigid. I know my DNA says I'm a boy but I'm sure I'm a street lamp. 

Please gov't pay for my street lamp transformation surgery + lifetime of street lamp hormone drugs so that I look marginally like what I identify as, with taxpayer collected dollars.

Also, you'll now have to have this confusing discussion with your children because an infinitesimally small % of the population has identification issues but this has now entered the vernacular and so your children may think they're mattresses or something else they're not really." 

I don't take the position of what I've said there ^ but that's why most people have an issue with it in Canada. I'm from a fairly conservative area and that's the general consensus.

Edit: It seems that most people here care less about the substance of the issue (they don't care how people think of themselves, what they put up what holes in their bedroom, how they dress or identify etc), and more about how the issue is constantly at the forefront of discussion when there is (arguably) more important stuff to deal with then where someone goes for a shit or a piss (whether they should have gender neutral bathrooms in public high schools was front page news for weeks.). 

The bill C-16 and the provinces' various human rights acts in now way affect you on a personal level. These simply extend protections to trans people in regard to hiring and the provision of services. You are still free (not aimed at you personally Stevie G) to call a trans person whatever slur you deem appropriate on a friday night at the local urban cowboy watering hole that make up what the infestation known as Calgary calls nightlife.

If you persistently advocate genocide or other hate crimes against trans people using public forums, then you could potentially be subject to criminal punishment.

Seriously this is not hard to understand. But this is why people like Peterson are problematic - because they confuse the issue in the minds of the public. 

I have no issue with Peterson soaking the alt-right for cash. Seriously, make your money where you can.

It's good of him to say he gives his lectures away for free, which is the least he could really do considering his $175K/year salary provided to him by a public institution (which means that yes, trans people who reside in Ontario and pay taxes are funding him).

/saunters out

Yeah it's pretty straight forward.

I'm still allowed to say "straight" forward right?

Not on WATMM. What do you think, this is some sort of conservative bastion of white power totally not in the closet hetero males?

The Koch brothers are probably already paying him to give speeches on college campuses.

Also, nobody has ever told me to use “Xe” or any of that pronoun shit and I live in the most liberal place in the US. It’s not exactly the most relevant sign of creeping authoritarianism I’m seeing in this country, how about you?

Yeah it's pretty straight forward.

I'm still allowed to say "straight" forward right?

Not on WATMM. What do you think, this is some sort of conservative bastion of white power totally not in the closet hetero males?

lol

Hopefully it was clear I was trying to make a thinly veiled reference to JP and his slippery slope nonsense in some of his interviews.

But this is the interwebs so I'm typing this out as a disclaimer just to make sure. 

He cries in this one

I think this succinctly reflects the problem with Peterson. he's mixing up helping young men sort their lives out with a supposed culture war that doesn't have a lot to do with their personal development (and which, imo arguably doesn't exist on a scale he's supposing).

young men are not depressed and fucked up because the more rabid leftists/weirdos consider them all tyrants or misogynists or whatever. I couldn't give a fuck what those people - some of whom are in my fb newsfeed constantly - have to say and how it relates to my life cos I just tune it out, and there is no practical effect of any of it on my wellbeing. young men are fucked up because of their experiences and realisations about the nature of the world, of people, and the terms and conditions of life itself. it's a mistake to mix all that up together with this other anti-SJW stuff.

this is why I'm supportive of Peterson's therapy in trying to help young men grow up through personal-psychological methods but he really veers off in the wrong direction when he starts talking about society at large.

thread answered

"There won't be a man left in the humanities in fifteen years at this rate, all you have to do is look at the trends."

He's a fucking idiot.

it's because they'll all be xims

ok, so he is basically talking about the dire consequences of modernity just like every modern thinker (Marx, Weber, Freud, etc.) but he blames "cultural marxism" for our discontents?

edit: ok now i'm worried that this thread is getting more attention than the dank memes thread

ok, so he is basically talking about the dire consequences of modernity just like every modern thinker (Marx, Weber, Freud, etc.) but he blames "cultural marxism" for our discontents?

edit: ok now i'm worried that this thread is getting more attention than the dank memes thread

olg9j2rwune01.jpg

you took a bump of some uncut coke laced with a strong hallucinogen off an old biker acquaintance called Ginger

then you navigated the ghetto patriarchy using malevolence & violence, then exposed Ginger's off-grid pedo-Pagan patriarchy using malevolence & violence again

essentially a neo-Marxist sjw with ptsd

Anyway, I have some co-workers that I call "girlbros" because I kick it with them in the same manner as my male friends. We have a local stripclub that serves food (lol) and we get steaks and watch dancers. They are not lesbian. I think they get a lot of entertainment out of me going wild for the t h i c c ones. It's just a "cheeky" good time.

Almost sig quote worthy.

Archived