IGNORED

jordan peterson

zaphod

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude sold out a venue in 5 mins in Brisbane Australia

On top of the book excerpts people are posting on Twitter, the self-help guru hack description of him is becoming pretty apt. In five years he's going to be on-stage with a headset getting the crowd to chant "Clean your room". Possibly after he runs down the causeway high-fiving everyone with lobster claw gloves.

Everyone who knows what alt-something means is retarted (or american). I`m listening to his lectures because I`m interested in philosophy and psychology not because he stands for some political view, wtf is this shitty thread 

I get the feeling in his mythological crap talks that he's trying really hard to step around what is fundamentally a typical Christian belief system wrapped in abstract philosophical justifications.  My take from his religion talks were always this summary:

"Jesus is a very strong meme that people can use to guide them and by placing blind faith in The Bible we can break the game theoretical implications of our inherent biological selfishness, allowing people to transcend their original form"

This is a great idea but this can be done without religions and just through...  All other areas of thought really

I get the feeling in his mythological crap talks that he's trying really hard to step around what is fundamentally a typical Christian belief system wrapped in abstract philosophical justifications.  My take from his religion talks were always this summary:

"Jesus is a very strong meme that people can use to guide them and by placing blind faith in The Bible we can break the game theoretical implications of our inherent biological selfishness, allowing people to transcend their original form"

This is a great idea but this can be done without religions and just through...  All other areas of thought really

not to mention that jesus gets interpreted a hundred different ways to suit the needs of whatever little power strucutre is pushing its agenda.  

so, it's kind of a naive idea to think that's how it's going to work out except as an academic theoretical exercise.. unless you can get everyone to agree on jesus and the bible then it doesn't work... even then i don't think it works. 

Everyone who knows what alt-something means is retarted (or american). I`m listening to his lectures because I`m interested in philosophy and psychology not because he stands for some political view, wtf is this shitty thread 

it could help to know that the philosophy and psychology in his teachings are poured through his own sieve. if you're interested in both disciplines it might be better to read the sources and also consider other points of view.

yeah, the only reason people are actually listening to him is exactly because of this whole alt-right/SJW thing he's riding on and getting hyped off, not because he's actually good at anything.

Archived