IGNORED

jordan peterson

zaphod

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what's funny is that Pjotrsen says he's so particular and careful about what he says but he makes no explicit, sustained moves towards disavowing the delusional pseudofascists disguised as "rationalists" in his fanbase. the kind of people who have an obsession with "Jewish" people (and musulmen, celestials, etc.) secretely trying to destroy "Western" culture. the first thing in that goofy graph gives it away. "rationalwiki" lol.

what's funny is that Pjotrsen says he's so particular and careful about what he says but he makes no explicit, sustained moves towards disavowing the delusional pseudofascists disguised as "rationalists" in his fanbase. the kind of people who have an obsession with "Jewish" people (and musulmen, celestials, etc.) secretely trying to destroy "Western" culture. the first thing in that goofy graph gives it away. "rationalwiki" lol. 

The real enemies are the Jewlims

• there are many interpretations of the world
  • no interpretation is valid nor above the other
  • everything is power
  • marxists are seizing the means of production our norms, values and institutions
  • everyone should use gender neutral pronouns by law or you'll be sent to the gulag archipelago
  • profit!

marvel cinematic universe phase 4375. humanity has moved on from the earth, inhabiting vast sentient pleasure ships. most people exist in permanent stasis, utilizing a matrioshka brain built around the sun to power a seemingly infinite number of virtual fantasies. gender, race and sexuality are obsolete. reproduction is automated. disease is conquered. death is a choice. the typical human life can last upward of two thousand years and is normally only ended out of sheer boredom. all the old standards, gods and rules have been cast aside in exchange for the self actualization of the individual brain. there hasn't been a war this millennium. 

jordan peterson is talking about russia. he moves across the stage in one of the millions of dedicated studios on the starship joe rogan, the flagship of the deathsquad network, the largest media empire in the universe. the lecture is broadcast to two trillion people. peterson pauses and raises a hand. "...and you've got...you've bloody got to do something. because...listen, i've seen what happened in the ukraine in 1932. and don't bloody think it can't happen again." he takes a sip of his caveman coffee. "i am in constant existential terror."

alex jones wakes from a three hundred year cryocycle. he screams and pounds his chest as geishabots feed him super male vitality pills. "goddamn do i feel alive right now. woooo." he claps his hands. "where is the little guy? where's joe?" the geishabots scurry away. an intern projects into the room. "i'm sorry mr. jones. joe is gone. he entered a flotation tank and just...disappeared." jones collapses into a chair, beside himself. "when did this happen?" the intern frowns. "two hundred years ago. you were asleep mr. jones." alex jones does that weird fake cry thing where he sounds like a person mocking what crying sounds like. "i fuckin failed him. oh dear jesus." his expression changes. "who's in charge now?" the intern frowns again. "jordan peterson, sir." 

• everything is power
  • marxists are seizing the means of production our norms, values and institutions
  • everyone should use gender neutral pronouns by law or you'll be sent to the gulag archipelago
  • profit!
so what is watmms general consensus on this guy? from the little I have seen he seems solid and sound but I'm young and naive.. what are the other sides of it?

General consensus is that Peterson is a crying pussy motivational speaker wrapped in a philosophical robe for sad white boys.

Not saying everyone who likes him fits that bill. Necessarily. I mean, I don't know. Could be though. ;)

But he's got some relatively vocal fans in the thread so good for them. Peterson himself is an idiot though. He likes the attention.

Oh and he's got hair plugs.

Think you're caught up now.

Agree or disagree with him, he is a fantastic orator and debater and chooses his words very carefully (when he's not talking about religious/spirituality junk).

I'd like to see more people who actually know their shit to debate him, because 9/10 of the debate interviews are him calmly and rationally debating with a frothing moron who can't debate without resorting to strawmanning him every 2 seconds.

I actually disagree with a lot of what he says, but he is so good at teasing apart nuances that I find it helps solidify my own opinions on the matters, whether I'm with him or not.

the year is like 7,000,000 years ago. it's insane with bugs and reptiles and idk what else. extremely enormous leaves are everywhere. like a basic bug is 10 feet long. apes are running around clubbing each other, huge mammoth creatures are stomping around, and it's like 150 degree fahrenheit. in a quiet, shaded grove there lies an oval pool, silver and still as a mirror. the reflection of the crescent moon rests upon its flat surface like a toenail clipping. a bird just like toucan sam resides in a tree nearby; some kind of gnome-like yoda thing peers out from a crack in a mountain with one eye. suddenly, the surface of the pool crumples like a sheet of plastic wrap and a great splashing sound is heard. the toucan looks over like "what the fuck?" but is basically still chilling. the eye looks out, knowingly. from the liquid emerges a man. the first man. it's joe rogan. "DUDE HOLY SHIT MAN!" he says. he's completely nude and rather striking for his short stature under 4 feet. he looks around for some cool mushrooms so he can trip and he finds some nice looking terrence mckenna shit. he walks out of the dark grove onto a clearing. strange beasts can be seen creeping around, just doing their thing. the flicker of eyeballs can be seen in the sharp moonlight. joe is extremely fucking high. he sees the moon, the moon moving toward him. closer. closer now. now it is coming right at him and landing on the plain. it stands upon the grass upright light a great marble boomerang. "FUCK DUDE." a black rectangle appears upon the flat surface of the moon and out jumps alex jones. he's running toward joe in a black tshirt and jeans. "JOOOOOOOOOOOOE!!!" he's weeping. "I FOUND YOU BUDDY! I FUCKING FOUND YOU MAN!" he takes little joe into his arms and hugs him, telling him how small he is. he does some of his impressions where each one is just him acting extremely dumb and going "duh duh, durr." joe doesn't respond to any of this. joe is tripping balls. jones invites him into his ship, telling him they must get back. "back?" joe finally asks, "to 4175? i left that shit behind after all the men disappeared. peterson can't save us. that's why i came here, the only place where men can be men." for the first time jones takes a look around and realizes how far back he's gone. "hey little friend....are we...the only two men?" "it's just us two guys, alex." jones runs back into the ship, jumps back out completely nude and the ship flings off the planet back to 4375. peterson will notice, peterson will find them. they don't know if they want to be found but for now they can just be men. without the pc. without no gender.

• everything is power
  • profit!
so what is watmms general consensus on this guy? from the little I have seen he seems solid and sound but I'm young and naive.. what are the other sides of it?

go back and re-read the thread.

General consensus is that Peterson is a crying pussy motivational speaker wrapped in a philosophical robe for sad white boys.

Not saying everyone who likes him fits that bill. Necessarily. I mean, I don't know. Could be though. ;)

But he's got some relatively vocal fans in the thread so good for them. Peterson himself is an idiot though. He likes the attention.

yes

Apparently if you get hair plugs, you have to take propecia, which suppresses your testosterone and prevents them from falling out. Maybe that's why he cries? I'm just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, because he's so charismatic and his talks made me an intellectual christian, which is an untapped target market. Good investment, Koch bros. 

Ben Shapiro is another guy that needs his shit pushed in. 

Apparently if you get hair plugs, you have to take propecia, which suppresses your testosterone and prevents them from falling out. Maybe that's why he cries? I'm just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, because he's so charismatic and his talks made me an intellectual christian, which is an untapped target market. Good investment, Koch bros. 

Ben Shapiro is another guy that needs his shit pushed in. 

lol

• everything is power
  • profit!

go back and re-read the thread.
ye but I'm lazy

cheers for clearing it up folks :)

This sounds kind of counterintuitive, but to be honest I am toxically cynical. Okay: if after watching the JP videos in this thread you've been filled with a new sense of clarity and purpose, well, that means you are quite a bit more more ignorant / stupider than you think you are.

I hate to just throw out these hurtful statements. I know it sucks to be dumb. That's why you should feel motivated to be smarter.

You should also feel ashamed that you are so simple, so base in your understanding of the world.

In an ideal world that sense of personal failure would lead to you trying harder, reading lots and lots of books, and I don't mean just the ones you think you want to read now, I mean like, a LOT of literature. Get a better sense, get some actual perspective. And especially don't simultaneously shit on the 'ivory tower' while espousing the irrefutable value of western thought.

edit: not directing this post at any one poster specifically. it's more of a plea to everyone to be less dumb.

that sense of personal failure would lead to you trying harder, reading lots and lots of books, and I don't mean just the ones you think you want to read now, I mean like, a LOT of literature. Get a better sense, get some actual perspective.

application for Trump tweeting bot forwarded

Archived