IGNORED

jordan peterson

zaphod

hell yea

I did end up reading the thread, and id say I agree mostly with his views on personal fullfilment but his fears for society feel exaggerated.. altough I can't really blame him after seeing this (not seen it posted before).. note that is almost a year old!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hell yea

I did end up reading the thread, and id say I agree mostly with his views on personal fullfilment but his fears for society feel exaggerated.. altough I can't really blame him after seeing this (not seen it posted before).. note that is almost a year old!

Pretty much agree with this.

Find it interesting how many people in this thread (and in general) are quick to dismiss as an intellectual inferior a man who has been studying and lecturing on his chosen subject for 3 decades. Dismiss is the operative word here, reasoned disagreeing is fine.

Annd how many of his fans are quick to ignore his message of personal responsibility/thinking for yourself and instead, when challenged will instantly recourse to the authority of their personalty cult top-lobster.

Another (recent?) phenomenon that applies to this guy is that many people now entirely dismiss another human being and all their ideas if they don't agree with one aspect of their beliefs.

It seems very out of fashion to favour some aspects of what someone says but disagree with others, all of a sudden things are black & white/red vs blue (glad to see some folks on here including MIXL2 buck(o)ing this trend.

Partially blame the algorithms - watch a 2 hour psychology lecture and youtube autoloads 'SJW FEMINAZI DESTROYED BY FACTS' etc.

In conclusion: unplug the internet.

what surprises me the most is the fact that he only wrote 2 books in 17 years , usually these kind of people write 17 books/essays in 2 years or is he using youtube as an alternative ?! 
Anyway his last book 12 rules of life which is a terrible title because it sounds like all this current marketing bullshit but the book itself sounds good, anyone read it so far ?

what surprises me the most is the fact that he only wrote 2 books in 17 years , usually these kind of people write 17 books/essays in 2 years or is he using youtube as an alternative ?!

Between practicing clinical psychology, giving years of lectures at University of Toronto, developing the Self Authoring program and doing Youtube talks/interviews I'm not really surprised he's 'only' done two books (both of which being meaty 500 page tomes). N.B. BoC have only given us 2 albums in 16 years, what's their excuse :lol:

Between practicing clinical psychology, giving years of lectures at University of Toronto, developing the Self Authoring program and doing Youtube talks/interviews I'm not really surprised he's 'only' done two books (both of which being meaty 500 page tomes). N.B. BoC have only given us 2 albums in 16 years, what's their excuse :lol:

and now imagine others did all that above during world wars, prison, revolutions, puplic resistance, and so on and they still managed to write a lot more and of much higher importance. I´m not downgrading him just surprised but ok he seems to prefer talking over writing.

oh and boc are just lazy 

BoC need to clean their room.

and also they need to stand up straight with their shoulders straight

hopefully this will help them to make a new album soon

i honestly don't get how the media "push for women 'empowerment'"
(which i guess is a sort of market-inclusion kind of thing; for
selling them gurls stuff and for embiggening the "human capital"
supply) could make someone feel threatened to the point of suicide. is
that a real thing? btw i'm not trying to challenge that claim, is just
that sounds like a dubious simplification to me.

but speaking of simplifications, i find that the cultural marxism
trope, being repeated and "explained" by peterson, his biggest
flaw. it's pure wack.

I look at some “plus sized models” that promote body positivity er whatever on instagram. Some of them are just right for a while, but you know they’re abusing the privilege when they post their seventh swirling of a Vietnamese coffee in their story. There are a lot of food pics that just make me concerned, like if someone says they won’t quit smoking and it starts to remind me of “feeders” fetish which creeps me out. It quickly reveals itself as a way to get attention with absolute minimal effort while promoting that laziness as a virtue under the guise of bravery and boldness. They also travel more than pretty much anyone. WTF?

Basically, I wish I could make money doing the same if all I had to do was post a pic of some Fit Tea once a month. I think this is what XXX means or maybe not?

Archived