IGNORED

jordan peterson

zaphod

i honestly don't get how the media "push for women 'empowerment'" (which i guess is a sort of market-inclusion kind of thing; for selling them gurls stuff and for embiggening the "human capital" supply) could make someone feel threatened to the point of suicide. is that a real thing? btw i'm not trying to challenge that claim, is just that sounds like a dubious simplification to me.

but speaking of simplifications, i find that the cultural marxism trope, being repeated and "explained" by peterson, his biggest flaw. it's pure wack. 

https://www.textfixer.com/tools/remove-line-breaks.php

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>We're open to men's issues, they matter too

>Just don't talk about them

>Don't bring them up or else we'll accuse you of trying to use those topics to undermine women's issues

>Also don't compare them to women's issues, women's issues are more serious because reasons

my mom is lame as fuck

fixt

edit: ull never get to tha level of humor of us intellectuals u pleb u need to watch all of his youtube (like I) before u can understand, ha

edit2: rekt

I already owned this thread with my fanfics a mod would be wise to close it before I reveal my true power level

lol I forgot this was the thread with those wonderful alco fanfics

love u watmm

I already owned this thread with my fanfics a mod would be wise to close it before I reveal my true power level

agreed. plus you and alco laid it out clear as day why JP is a charlatan within the first half of the thread. 

Unfortunately, as much as I love the fanfic, the sneering attitude displayed by alco & co is counter productive and only serving to make the shit state of affairs worse.

My opinion is JP seems to be necessary at the moment. The people that are alienated by social justice politics and probably contributed to Trump becoming president are listening to him. And though he does have some bizarre things going on in his rhetoric, the baseline of common sense which is being so ridiculed as 'obvious' in this thread and by his critics isn't that obvious to his fans it seems.

If he makes just one zeffolia stop believing evil women are trying to steal his cum, call me a Peterson fan. And yeah, what xxx said, he's articulated this way better than I have.

Yeah my post has 2 different points hamfistedly combined and that is to say that there are few "initiatives" for males. You hear about initiatives for women in STEM, to become leaders, body positivity, all of the cancers, etc. Currently, the big one is a recapturing of sexuality (time's up, me too).

Few equivalents exist for men and most would argue patriarchy as the reason but that's valid for just a handful of gatekeeping men. The other 99% of men are fucked all the same and it's causing a not-so-quiet epidemic of substance abuse, suicide, poor education and poor employment stats among men. That's what was so impressive about that billboard and why Peterson can be helpful in the fight against "deaths of despair" as they're being called.

It was a big thrust for Trump when he said coal and steel will come back because it is the equivalent of the rah rah messages you can see on the woman's side. All bullshit obviously but that it worked so well is cause enough for concern.

ok i get it now, and i think you are pointing to something quite

relevant actually.

from what i remember from the gender class i once took, what struck me

was that we didn't read much material that said something different

about masculinity apart from the focus on the traditional

reckless-prone-to-violence-etc. masculine gender role. it was implicit

that there are deviations from the norm (i mean, dude, i like idm), so

i guess the lesson there is that we can be ok with ourselves not being

like social norms coerce us to be.

i too think that there aren't socially accepted "alternative"

masculine roles apart from the "i changed my kids diapers once" stuff

(which is ok btw) for married-or-in-relationships, i.e. "successful",

males. it is kind of obvious to say that social pressure upon men is

as strong as it is for women.

i honestly don't get how the media "push for women 'empowerment'" (which i guess is a sort of market-inclusion kind of thing; for selling them gurls stuff and for embiggening the "human capital" supply) could make someone feel threatened to the point of suicide. is that a real thing? btw i'm not trying to challenge that claim, is just that sounds like a dubious simplification to me.

but speaking of simplifications, i find that the cultural marxism trope, being repeated and "explained" by peterson, his biggest flaw. it's pure wack.

https://www.textfixer.com/tools/remove-line-breaks.php

M-x fill-paragraph; Emacs is my OS and religion because i'm an ahteist

Unfortunately, as much as I love the fanfic, the sneering attitude displayed by alco & co is counter productive and only serving to make the shit state of affairs worse.

My opinion is JP seems to be necessary at the moment. The people that are alienated by social justice politics and probably contributed to Trump becoming president are listening to him. And though he does have some bizarre things going on in his rhetoric, the baseline of common sense which is being so ridiculed as 'obvious' in this thread and by his critics isn't that obvious to his fans it seems.

If he makes just one zeffolia stop believing evil women are trying to steal his cum, call me a Peterson fan. And yeah, what xxx said, he's articulated this way better than I have.

A lot of SJW stuff annoys me, but JP is fun to make fun of. That said, I heard one white girl speaking very negatively about another white girl with dreads because of the cultural appropriation. Her outrage at the white dreads was so over the top it seemed like some sort of loyalty pledge when you enter a gang or become made in the mafia. She was performing a verbal hit on the dreaded white girl, just not to her face.

I never once said any woman wants to steal my cum, or anyone's cum.  I pointed out that the legal system in the US allows women to demand child support from men IF they do steal their cum, despite the fact that this is almost an abstract sort of rape (involuntary fatherhood).  The men have no recourse, no rights.  This is one symptom of a larger gender equality issue - a lack of male legal rights to everything from financial autonomy (alimony) to bodily autonomy (selective service and circumcision) - and nobody takes it seriously

You know nothing about me.  I've been threatened with false rape accusations right to my face as she stands there grinning.  Who knows how my life would have been turned upside down if she went through with it.  This isn't a bunch of fake hypothetical situations to make fun of, it's a reality and nobody will ever change my mind with insults, only facts.  Nobody ever provides any though.

I would love to be proven wrong about this but it doesn't happen, and it's really disappointing.  If you're such an intellectual, how about you do the honors and refute these realities.

Archived