IGNORED

jordan peterson

zaphod

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

after viewing various presentations, the single thing he's had to contribute on climate change citing was a gofundme "entrepreneur" type who has invented a plastic scooper for the oceans

glad the whole future environmental meltdown tings have been sorted thru Peterson's powers of logic, faith in individualism & free market economic growth

didn't realize he had branched out into environmental science and was looked to for input on solving the climate crisis

All of his innovative ideas heavily involved cleaning of rooms. Unclean rooms raise the pH of the ocean water, etc. 

didn't realize he had branched out into environmental science and was looked to for input on solving the climate crisis

he hasnt & thats the main point

if you can try to separate the clinical psychologist from the ideologue (<---the irony eh), one of humanity's greatest issues of concern is barely addressed

but thats just bloody inconvenient when yer in eye of the zeitgeist vortex & there's so many little neo-Marxist post-structuralist monsters on campus running amok with their untidy rooms

this is trying so lets try google translate for the craic:

"han har inte & det är huvudpunkten

om du kan försöka skilja den kliniska psykologen från ideologen (<--- ironi eh), är knappast en av mänsklighetens största problematiska problem

men det är bara blodigt obekvämt när du är i ögonen på den zeitgeistiska virveln och det finns så många små neo-marxistiska poststrukturalistiska monster på campus som kör amok med sina orörda rum"

:catbed:

hey sure man, I just wanna discuss the point which I didn't see from your post exactly.. but go on translate it to spanish too pls since that's my mother tongue

edit: i could answer to what I think you are saying, but to prevent that from being followed by "no what I'm actually saying is.." I'm asking you what you are trying to say

the point is when it comes to the environment, which should concern everyone, Peterson's ramblings grind to halt because that would take collective action impinging upon individual responsibility

Nietzsche didnt have anything to say on plastics because they hadnt been invented, but for your mother tongue here's the Spanish version just to repeat the point for the 3rd time

"no lo ha hecho y ese es el punto principal

Si puedes tratar de separar al psicólogo clínico del ideólogo (<--- la ironía eh), uno de los mayores problemas de la humanidad apenas se aborda

pero eso es un maldito inconveniente cuando estás en el ojo del vórtice del zeitgeist y hay tantos pequeños monstruos postestructuralistas neomarxistas en el campus corriendo enloquecidos con sus habitaciones desordenadas"

:catrage:

that's a fair point, i mean as mentioned I don't look up to him for advice in environmental issues.. and I don't see how it impinges individual responsibility, surely it helps if everyone does their part? what solution devalues that?

after viewing various presentations, the single thing he's had to contribute on climate change citing was a gofundme "entrepreneur" type who has invented a plastic scooper for the oceans

glad the whole future environmental meltdown tings have been sorted thru Peterson's powers of logic, faith in individualism & free market economic growth

yeah i'm not gettting what your point is here either. peterson isn't an environmental scientist and he's never attempted to solve for those problems. maybe translate to english for me since that's my native tongue.

In his deconstruction of the book of Genesis he explains that in the Christian symbolic tradition, paradise is a walled garden.  A garden must be cleaned & maintained.  The idea that humanity has to take responsibility for keeping the planet clean/healthy, not pollute, and cut down waste as much as possible doesn't at all contradict anything he's said.  All of that could be considered part of the "individual responsibility" that people have to take, as "individuals" include everyone from the average consumer to the EPA to the CEOs of mega-corporations.

I don't want to speak for CWMB but it seems like he's operating on assumptions from the various Buzzfeed-esque hit pieces that masquerade as journalism which intentionally paint Peterson as a right-wing fundamentalist, and then concluded this must mean Peterson believes humans should pollute because God said it's ok.  It's similar to how those same blogger-activists paint him as an alt-right neo-Nazi despite there being hours of video footage of him denouncing right wing radicalism & identity politics.

Clean your room & do your homework.

yeah i'm not gettting what your point is here either. peterson isn't an environmental scientist and he's never attempted to solve for those problems. maybe translate to english for me since that's my native tongue.

nah, insipid cunt is your native tongue mate, you get that dont you? ok, lets rrrrrroll....

if there are increased environmental catastrophes for your grandchildren, what good is cleaning your own small & limited proverbial space/room?

a room isnt a county, or a region, or a nation, or a continent, is it? you get that dont you, insipid cunt? ok, lets roll on.....

surely cleaning the planet, rather than a room, should be the priority? but imagine banning fossil fuels, huge caps on air travel etc and the subsequent impingement on individual liberties espoused by Peterson for that to happen....the point is it wont & future generations will look back with horror at this individualist rhetoric which didnt achieve much beyond guaranteeing the inevitable

an entire nation, like Britain for example, could enact wholesale structural change to safeguard environmental concerns & it still wont be enough to cap temp rises

Peterson sums up the state of the world, platforming individual liberties, when we could have a 5-8 degree temp rise by 2100, which begs the question "what if those figures dont factor in worst case scenarios?"....2100 is a blink of an eye away

there are billions of people, but only 1 planet to live on.....do the fuckin maths genius, Aldous Huxley called it "Hypnopaedia" & Peterson is symptomatic of this

In his deconstruction of the book of Genesis he explains that in the Christian symbolic tradition, paradise is a walled garden.  A garden must be cleaned & maintained.  The idea that humanity has to take responsibility for keeping the planet clean/healthy, not pollute, and cut down waste as much as possible doesn't at all contradict anything he's said.  All of that could be considered part of the "individual responsibility" that people have to take, as "individuals" include everyone from the average consumer to the EPA to the CEOs of mega-corporations.

I don't want to speak for CWMB but it seems like he's operating on assumptions from the various Buzzfeed-esque hit pieces that masquerade as journalism which intentionally paint Peterson as a right-wing fundamentalist, and then concluded this must mean Peterson believes humans should pollute because God said it's ok.  It's similar to how those same blogger-activists paint him as an alt-right neo-Nazi despite there being hours of video footage of him denouncing right wing radicalism & identity politics.

Clean your room & do your homework.

Buzzfeed?

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.....

see the above extrapolation for the genius Zaphod, cos the idea that i'm insinuating or misreading that God says its ok to pollute because of Peterson's Christian ideology is about 6 degrees of separation from the points made previously

nowhere does that include right-wing this or fundamentalist that, got me?

i doubt it, but by all means feel free to troll on with Buzzfeed references & projected insinuations, because you dont wanna speak for me after all even though you've already done that

Peterson's pull or attraction for young men is understandable, male suicides are at an all time high for those under 44yrs of age & its difficult separating the therapist from the ideologue....he's helped a lot of people improve their lives, but by excluding the impending environmental hazards from his rhetoric, he's missing humanity's greatest challenge yet and what kind of ideologue ignores environmental concerns over individual liberty when the costs for future generations are so high?

a fkn length, drunk on fame, thats who

i'd rather listen to this stud and his current projections for where humanity is heading, than Mr Muscle-Forehead & his choir of fan-bois

1635.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/apr/26/were-doomed-mayer-hillman-on-the-climate-reality-no-one-else-will-dare-mention

I see, do you think the planet would be better off without us?

edit: if the highest ideal you can conceive off is saving humanity from the environmental catastrophe that looms over us then make that your goal, chance yourself to embody that ideal and spread it.. sacrifice the most valuable thing thats stopping your from reaching that ideal and iterate.. what else can you do? i believe this is petersons message, at least in part

edit: if the highest ideal you can conceive off is saving humanity from the environmental catastrophe that looms over us then make that your goal, chance yourself to embody that ideal and spread it.. sacrifice the most valuable thing thats stopping your from reaching that ideal.. what else can you do? i believe this is pettersons message

pre-edit answer:

humanity is ephemeral, like the vast majority of species, except we've been blessed with the cognitive abilities to see the routes to our own collective demise coming for a long time & the options open to change this, even though as individuals we mostly believe that, somehow, we'll muddle through....we wont at the current rate if you believe a scientist such as Hillman like i do

the double irony is its humans that have polluted this planet to shit, its humans who are responsible for mass extinctions currently being experienced (not a comet or asteroid) and its us who'll pay for it too.....theres no hiding from climate change & thats not nihilism, its scientific fact

unless the political will is there to make wholesale changes you can be the highest functioning version of yourself possible, it still wont change the impending catastrophes on the horizon unless collective action is taken globally & thats without the moral question/conundrum of cursing futures generations thru our own bs

*pictures Peterson crying over the severity of such implications on his right to accruing flying-club credit vouchers

Well I did preface my comments with "don't want to" and "seems like" so I apologize if I mischaracterized your views.

*pictures Peterson crying over the severity of such implications on his right to accruing flying-club credit vouchers

The last line of the above post is telling, though.  It seems like most of the people who are furious about Peterson's work are mostly furious that he's making money inspiring people and revivifying western culture, which then makes his claim of a widespread ideological infection of Marxism seem more and more accurate.

Please see the above video I posted in regards to climate change, and if you're genuinely curious about Peterson's actual views on environmentalism, in his deconstruction of the Adam & Eve story in Genesis he explicitly makes a case for taking care of the environment when he unfolds the symbolism behind the walled garden of paradise.  Your claim that he hasn't addressed this at all is actually inaccurate.

@Salvatorin - Bye, Felicia.  Typical leftist tactic of dismissing an argument because of assumptions about the source rather than the content within.  I'd love to hear your refutation of the content of the video if you can drop your ego long enough to watch it.

edit: if the highest ideal you can conceive off is saving humanity from the environmental catastrophe that looms over us then make that your goal, chance yourself to embody that ideal and spread it.. sacrifice the most valuable thing thats stopping your from reaching that ideal.. what else can you do? i believe this is pettersons message

pre-edit answer:

humanity is ephemeral, like the vast majority of species, except we've been blessed with the cognitive abilities to see the routes to our own collective demise coming for a long time, even though as individuals we mostly believe that, somehow, we'll muddle through this....we wont if you believe Hillman like i do

the double irony is its humans that have polluted this planet to shit, its humans who are responsible for mass extinctions currently being experienced and its us who'll pay for it too.....theres no hiding from climate change & thats not nihilism, its scientific fact

unless the political will is there to make wholesale changes you can be the highest functioning version of yourself possible, it still wont change the impending catastrophes on the horizon unless collective action is taken globally

i agree with you.. but I repeat, what can you do to make that happen? surely complaining on the internet that those dumb politicians need to do something about it doesn't help.. maybe if a single person took the problem deadly seriously they could change the course of history? (a la aleksandr solzhenitsyn deciding to write a book and blowing the moral foundation out of communism)

I'm not saying is that easy.. and it doesn't imply that we shouldn't work together towards reaching a goal either I don't think

Well I did preface my comments with "don't want to" and "seems like" so I apologize if I mischaracterized your views.

The last line of the above post is telling, though.  It seems like most of the people who are furious about Peterson's work are mostly furious that he's making money inspiring people and revivifying western culture, which then makes his claim of a widespread ideological infection of Marxism seem more and more accurate.

Please see the above video I posted in regards to climate change, and if you're genuinely curious about Peterson's actual views on environmentalism, in his deconstruction of the Adam & Eve story in Genesis he explicitly makes a case for taking care of the environment when he unfolds the symbolism behind the walled garden of paradise.

@Salvatorin - Bye, Felicia.

is it "telling", is it, Poirot?

christ on a fkn bike, its primary focus is on individual liberties taking precedent OVER the environmental costs involved, i'm sure even you can see that

Peterson is so fixated on compelled speech, neo-Marxists & countless other hot spots that, and lets be individually & collectively honest with ourselves here, the environment, planet earth, our only home (at least for now) & mass species extinction barely get any look at all

you cite one footnote on one presentation on one single aspect of one story from a bible studies gig as proof that he's an environmentally minded bloke?

have a word with yerself, mate

pre-edit answer:

humanity is ephemeral, like the vast majority of species, except we've been blessed with the cognitive abilities to see the routes to our own collective demise coming for a long time, even though as individuals we mostly believe that, somehow, we'll muddle through this....we wont if you believe Hillman like i do

the double irony is its humans that have polluted this planet to shit, its humans who are responsible for mass extinctions currently being experienced and its us who'll pay for it too.....theres no hiding from climate change & thats not nihilism, its scientific fact

unless the political will is there to make wholesale changes you can be the highest functioning version of yourself possible, it still wont change the impending catastrophes on the horizon unless collective action is taken globally

i agree with you.. but I repeat, what can you do to make that happen? surely complaining on the internet that those dumb politicians need to do something about it doesn't help.. maybe if a single person took the problem deadly seriously they could change the course of history? (a la aleksandr solzhenitsyn deciding to write a book and blowing the moral foundation out of communism)

I'm not saying is that easy.. and it doesn't imply that we shouldn't work together towards reaching a goal either I don't think

i'm not going into the list of environmental causes or petitioning done here for a bunch of lag cunts that litter this gaff to hoot over, but i can pm you some bits n bobs if yer that way inclined or bovvered,

equally, its not complaining about politicians so much as showing the holes of hypocrisy in Peterson's positions, or should that be presuppositions cos you never know with this bloke

parenthesis: IF i had Peterson's scale or degree of platform, i'd be screaming at the limit of my lungs about mass species extinctions & climate change, not how Derrida & Foucault have slaughtered the humanities ffs

thats the sum of my point for this thread, in real life action speaks louder than words & neo-Marxism isnt the real issue, unless you're JBP or one of his fan-bois

now, if you'll excuse me, i'm going to the pub to sip tap water while everyone around gets obliterated on booze, i need a hug, drunks are even worse than most of the shit in this fred

Archived