IGNORED

jordan peterson

zaphod

sweden fucking sucks

nah I have never said that, I said is still arguably one of the most fair countries in the world (which makes the case for communism so much more paradoxical), and also unbelievably wealthy (if you come from a 2nd world country like me). but if this keeps going unchallenged is a true and tested recipe for disaster

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sweden fucking sucks

nah I have never said that, I said is still arguably one of the most fair countries in the world (which makes the case for communism so much more paradoxical), and also unbelievably wealthy (if you come from a 2nd world country like me). but if this keeps going unchallenged is a true and tested recipe for disaster
I was just saying, not asking lol

ye I just wanted to clarify, would be incredibly ungrateful of me to say that sweden sucks after living in colombia lol

Big fan of Contrapoints. They just did a JP vid

https://youtu.be/4LqZdkkBDas

that was excellent, thanks

I think I should read some books instead of doing youtube now

but alas.. how do people find the time to read all of these philosophers? no wonder students at my engineering uni have no bloody clue on politics..

well ffs what I take from this is that the internet is a shit place to argue

edit:

Big fan of Contrapoints. They just did a JP vid

https://youtu.be/4LqZdkkBDas

i'm a fan 2, great channel and a lot of the tunes on there are from watmm's ZoeB !
lol that track at the end of this is awesome! is contra on here? all of the vaporwave on the other vids would suggest so

Man the few mins i watched of Contrapoints is amazing... gonna delve deeper into that chan at soem pint... never heard of it.. Gas craic!

I ended up watching most of the channel.. she's incredibly smart and does good rethorics, however I feel like shes playing a role of being a lil bit too commie for me.. def attracting a lil too commie of an audience, but nevertheless the vids have given me relevant insights

edit: the only critique I have of her commentary on jbp is that (as was pointed out by someone in the comments) his self-help stuff does not pipeline into the political stuff.. is rather the other way around, was at least like that for me. and for the most part he keeps the politics out of those lectures (referring to the biblical series)

Contrapoints debates Jordan Peterson, he falls head over heels(tears for fears), lobster evolution complete

I would like to push the discussion on this thread back from the endless political debate, since (as I think, has been understood) is not really the correct point of resolution of jbps' ideas.

I think this discussion lays out an alternative (from the "pop left" narrative) viewpoint on the issue of fatherhood/order currently.. which to me atleast, is sound.. what does watmm think?

I've talked to my dad once in 12 years and I'd still kick JP in da nuts. What I would do is start up a conversation with him where at first, I seem receptive to his novel ideas. Then, I subtly steer the topic of discussion to genital torture, kidnapping, and disfigurement as a means of spiritual release. Then quickly shift gears into how the teachings of Christ have made me a better father, husband, and member of my local church. Mention golfing to seem normal, then ask him to speak at your church. 

ok

edit: I haven't talked to mine since I was 8 (I'm 21)

I think this might be (part of) the reason that these ideas seem "novel" to so many, we kinda have an epidemic of single-parenting/lack of fathers (again, talking from my perspective in sweden) and so these ideas are lacking in young people 

think there's a correlation between your father and your belief in god

I think it has to do with knowing unconditional love isn’t guaranteed from anyone.

Or the short version: being an adult

but I don't want to be an adult, I want JBP to be my dad and let me live in perpetual adolescent dependence on someone else for guidance. I'm not brave enough to face the world and figure it out on my own terms and need a regressive authority figure to hold my hand and tell me what I should believe. if that means hating on people who look different from me in order to buy into the comfort of the herd, so be it.

well the way I understand it that's exactly the opposite of what he proposes, if people do end up following anyone (which they do) rather it be him than someone like richard spencer.. which sounds more like your description of things

edit: where has it been said that people who look different to you should be hated? jeez.. you can despise ideas without having to despise the people who are possessed by them

Archived