IGNORED

jordan peterson

zaphod

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

unrelated

Pretty sure everyone takes that as a given as soon as they see the username :^)

lol there is honestly sectrect narrative, stopped caring about trolls and pretty sure interest in 'scenes' was like, a feeling of utter DISCONNECT from mainstream society conventional sexual identity. Now that society is kind of cooler about things at times I'm not really that bad. alt theories of why I goto starbucks

so since it seems to be the underlying crux of this thread and the likely source of JBP’s surge in popularity, let’s talk about what has been intonated multiple times in this thread: the alienation of men.

I think it is unwise to sneer and ignore the complaints of men (perhaps straight, white, but not necessarily). This is my theory: anglo culture is a patriarchal conquest-oriented warrior culture, at least to a large degree. This may seem confusing and counterintuitive as an argument but if you observe the history of anglo societies, the male rights of passage continue to this day to be primarily based on conquest, and social status based on whether it is achieved. competition is prized and failure results in a lesser status. gradually the meaning of conquest has adapted into ideas of economic self-suffiency, stoicness, and virility. because of the economic trends in the US and other anglo countries, the opportunity to achieve this male right of passage has diminished to near-impossibility. That lack of passage into cultural adulthood leads to deep self-doubt and hatred, which is projected outward.

the alienation of men is one of western society's greatest taboos, prob just a few notches below death - for proof of the latter just watch GoT's for a summary of the collective fear manifesting in an army of dead cunts, or direst The Walking Dead as another cultural signifier, or more discreetly the masses of retirement/care homes tucked away out of everyday view, or more viscerally with a death cult like IS splashed all over the media

so you have societies burying their heads in the sand about death, its meaning & finality, the costs of care & the medical infrastructures needed to pay for aging populations, all while television & marketing ads aim the bulk of their products at younger generations

2ndly - one of the problems with certain media platforms & commentators constantly screaming PATRIARCHY (rather than hegemony), which Peterson is astute enough to realize & profit from, is that it further alienates younger men, aka the bulk of Peterson's audience/fan-base, who are justifiably perplexed about why, as young people beginning adulthood, they are collectively being smashed in various media outlets as the root/cause of these imposed & inherited global problems, who then look for deeper meanings & methodologies toward enhancing personal responsibility which are the core mantras behind Peterson's approach - "take responsibility for self improvement, make a plan & work towards those goals"

youngish men under 44 make up the bulk of suicides in the western world & in certain ethnic demographics are the number one cause of early death, i've known 4 male suicides in the last 18months....you couldnt say the same thing about disease, rta's or inter-personal violence/murder

as someone of Irish & Welsh heritage, few things provide greater pleasure than putting the boot into Anglo-centric culture, so without getting into unnecessary & irrelevant cultural generalizations about the male-Anglo sphere as being conquest dominated (maybe 1500yrs ago & thats still includes all the wars across the globe between 700AD til the present where the cultures certainly werent/arent Anglicized), what i see today is that anger on the whole is increasingly diverted inward, through self harm, through mental health care organizations unfit for purpose compounding the problem & because societies (not just men) arent communicating about this epidemic, and it is an epidemic

anyone olde enough to remember the early AIDS/HIV adverts/marketing? is there anything comparable today regarding male suicide? is there fuck

rights of passage still exist, in my youth it was football violence, then House/dance music, for later generations music still plays an important and integral role (just look at this message board as a case study because music is something you grow up with, can participate in/create and continue to enjoy as the years go by), so this idea that limitations on the ability to participate in Anglo-centric conquest ventures as a root cause for this expression of anger is a distraction at best

imho, its more to do with working tedious service sector jobs (theres a PhD waiting out there on male service sector staff & the rates of tattoos/intensive physical grooming & significance of external physical appearance...the alt-right seem a prime example here with their standardized hair cuts & attire & ps fuck you Gavin McInnes), growing wealth divides, property price escalations year in year out so vast numbers of young men & women are stuck in rental markets where constant moving is standard (see Spiral's problem as a perfect case study, btw, maaaan i love your music even if you're a belligerent fucker), so its difficult to save money, to create stability & only a small few have access to sizable inheritances to fall back on, so its like undermining the pyramid of security times the square root of the law of diminishing returns....incidentally suicide rates are at their lowest during times of war, not because war facilitates conquest behaviour, but because people just wanna get thru the next few hours.....

if you research in a field like mental health like i do or volunteer or have a friend/relative going through hell, you begin to notice that men will complain less than women when care plans are inadequate, which means they're more likely to fall thru the cracks, get sectioned, lose social connections etc & eventually take their own lives - men are more likely to self harm thru suicide than go on a rampage, but its only mass shootings/killings that make the news when theres a genuine health crisis iceberg that rarely gets reported on or promoted in the public domain

the complexity is aggravated because each "western" nation has its own health-care/mental health-care sectors/systems, its own employment law structures (EU slight convergence), its own property ladder shortfalls depending on nation & region and its own employment sector gender demographics

imho this is where capitalism fails us (collectively) the most & yet Peterson, a thorough advocate of capitalism, has this self help guide which in many instances fails to account for the specific difficulties each individual can face (regardless of sex), while preying on this quest for individual responsibility....it might help a few, but the problems are ultimately systemic & it can only ever gloss over the real causes

ultimately i think he means well on the few occasions i've heard him "talk up" the problems of male suicide, but the issues underpinning this epidemic are so deeply entrenched economically and trans-nationally that a workable, transnational "answer" is so complex that no-one, not your politicians, not the media, not even your friends, will want to open up about

if there's no conversation, there can be no resolutions & thats fkn scary if you've ever had to pick up the pieces of someone close to you ending it & for some of you this has either already happened or is in the post, because my own experiences of losing male friends to suicide are by no means unique & it will only get worse before its real causes are begun to be addressed.....we like to think we're individuals, unique, varied in tastes, with a moral center that wants to do the right things, but systemically we're simply resources of labour, like land, working for economies that dont work for us

'ppreciate a lot of the things mentioned in this post

the alienation of men is one of western society's greatest taboos, prob just a few notches below death

fight club said it straight, some men probably fear castration more than death itself

beRYDGO.png

logged in just to find out how to do this but can't find

HOW

I'm on the IP.Board theme but clicking on the number of replies to a topic on the subforum index shows the same list.

beRYDGO.png

logged in just to find out how to do this but can't find

HOW

I'm on the IP.Board theme but clicking on the number of replies to a topic on the subforum index shows the same list.

ty!

Imagine a picture surfacing of Jordan Peterson, Julian Assange and Alexander Nix sitting in the Ecuadorian embassy with a game of Risk going on a coffee table next to several lines of blow. They are holding hands as if in prayer, and they are grinning malevolently.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/30825/new-york-times-runs-comprehensive-hit-piece-jordan-ben-shapiro

let's assume both these articles are crap and the truth is somewhere in between yea? is usually like this in my experience

Archived