IGNORED

jordan peterson

zaphod

the point being that's how you act towards Peterson, and.. you see, there is not much point to it

edit: he's probs making more like $100K by now, good on him.. perhaps he's doing something right

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peterson is a public figure who's full of shit.

Me and you are just white guys on an electronic music forum.

Bit different eh?

This isn't a shit on MIXL2 or shit on auxien thread: we can do that in private if you'd like

This is the OFFICIAL SHIT ON JORDAN PETERSON THREAD so let's stay on topic, eh?

because I can't stand the idea that everything a person says can be dismissed because one disagrees with some of it.

and because I'm a basement-dwelling jordan peterson-blowup-doll fucking menopausal low t level 20 year old white nazi jew shit spewing plastic phallus

edit: I was also topping the syro thread post count iirc.. :)

Yeah. I got into his books on evolution which are still really , really good and I recommend them as well balanced and informative reads. Later into his career he launched into his militant aetheism which isn't my bag. That's what people know him for though these days which is sad. The sadder bit is that he had said he is not interested in converting others or even debating which is fine , but just seems so pointless to piss on something in the comfort of your own little circle with no intention to have your statements and arguments fact checked or even held to the usual standards you would see in a two sided debate ...

Al

But ... the guy is a poet when it comes to explaining the beauty of the worlds and our place within it so still rate him for that

So yeah , I saw Richard Dawkins speak this week.

He said Muslims were the biggest victims of Islam and people gasped.

What do you all think of him ? Another dumb professor ?

maybe his books are better I dunno. He definitely crosses the line into downright sadistic at times, like just an excuse for latent psychopathy, what the shit?

very mature person obv

maybe this youtube isn't so bad but naming your book THE GOD DELUSION is like almost clickbait-y

there's also some other book https://www.amazon.com/Magic-Reality-Know-Whats-Really/dp/1451675046

which it could be a good book (like I said maybe he's more mature when he shits out his ideas into an actual book, with like a proofreading stage) and even the title is appealing like, there's that quote about very high technology being indistinguishable from magic, although I would add a footnote that people get jaded as fuck and technology loses the magic feels/childlike wonder especially when it's being forced down your throat 24/7 by advertising. But yeah I like to play with the synthesizers and he d dr drum machines, so I guess I haven't lost the wonder on some level "whoa..... I'm generating sounds that SHOULDN'T EXIST in real life, square waves are completely unnatural sound waves (are square waves against God's will)"

I wonder if the book gets into snarkiness, like every chapter ends with "isn't this /so/ much cooler than the shitty Bible thing". Would be nice if it's just a book about science being hella interesting and worth exploring for a kid that just /happens/ to be written by an atheist

anyways, back on topic:

32761670_230992800991803_386379606173050

33038446_230992824325134_236755699915292

32974760_230992870991796_115560853063650

32855210_230992894325127_444000618121737

i guess this is the appeal of JP for the average fanboi?

JP to me is looking more and more like the mishmash of science and philosophy to articulate the return to Tradition and the natural order of things, because it always has been like that and THAT IS THAT! basically, there's a mental health crisis triggered by the destruction of our own nature, which has been wisely reflected upon our western social order and institutions.

i mean, this is way beyond all the "SJW are fascists" (most probably true), "social change generate disturbances" (obviously), "men have troubles and practically that is a non-problem to society" (probably true).

but this has been said earlier on the thread... sigh this getting is boring af. MIXL2, man you're stuck on a loop of lame pro-JP activism! i predict you'll get bored of it eventually and peace will come back to you :wink:

id argue a few people here are stuck on a lame anti-JP activism loop, so..

I posted before, the single reason I still post on this topic is that I refuse to take on the narrative of "I disagree with some of what this person says, therefore they are a piece of shit and I disagree with all of what they say"

edit:

it is, if course, also incredibly entretaining :)

basically, there's a mental health crisis triggered by the destruction of our own nature

not sure if you're saying this, but without taking the conspiracy route I'd believe "capitalism gets mentally ill, traditional gender roles get mentally ill, a political party gets mentally ill" etc. etc.

hmmmmmmm observation about Dawkins, that book I linked, subtitle is "How We Know What's Really True", book was released on September 11, 2012 apparently? lol noooo don't be that, Mr. Dawkins lol

Edit: Jewish woman in purple in the previous Youtube not buying it lol

basically, there's a mental health crisis triggered by the destruction of our own nature

not sure if you're saying this, but without taking the conspiracy route I'd believe "capitalism gets mentally ill, traditional gender roles get mentally ill, a political party gets mentally ill" etc. etc.

nah, i don't believe that's true; i'm paraphrasing jp's

stance. should've said: "basically, jp says...".

who knows what's really going on regarding mental health crisis, in

young male population in particular. it's completely open to

interpretation.

i think jp's analysis is wrong and crossing conspiracy theory

territory. but since he never actually narrow his thesis down (could

be a way of socialization through "liberal" parenting; could be the

postmodernist cultural marxist "movement"; could be the loss of an

hegemonic christian cosmovision in modern western societies ---all of

which, imo, could be *generally* related to right-wing

interpretations), it could be whatever their readers think it is,

which paves the way to instrumentalization through funding, which is a

risk moderate-jp-followers should fear in face of cooptation of his

public, charismatic, persona by

alt-right/misogynist/etc. movements. unless, of course, he believes in

all of that stuff, but my guess is that he would never ever

acknowledge that in public. ambiguity must be preserved.

id argue a few people here are stuck on a lame anti-JP activism loop, so..

I posted before, the single reason I still post on this topic is that I refuse to take on the narrative of "I disagree with some of what this person says, therefore they are a piece of shit and I disagree with all of what they say"

edit:

it is, if course, also incredibly entretaining :)

fair enough. however, if some dudes or dudettes think jp is a piece of

shit, well, let them believe whatever they want brah. imo that's not a

very, let's say, refined critique. but who cares.

more generally, you cannot take a stance about something without

making some kind of distinction and in a way "reducing" it to be a

relatively coherent and condensed whole so you can comment on it,

criticize, etc. in the end its sort of an argument between

simplifications, so to speak.

in that bill maher video in which he talks about how you cannot engage

in an argument without taking the risk of offending your interlocutor

---which imo is pretty obvious and non polemic---, and maher saying

"that so common sense! how could anyone say jp is a controversial

figure!". well, you could take that statement, agree to some degree,

and then hear some of the other stuff jp has said or written, and say

"this is more relevant in my view... let's focus on this instead".

it would be futile to agree/disagree/discredit anything if you are so

willing to simultaneously adopt every possible point of view.

Dawkins, Harris and JBP are these guys that have established themselves in their own field and then think they are equally qualified to give lectures about things they have very little knowledge about. An unfortunate tendency among academics that get popular. Being an expert in one academic discipline does not transfer to other academic disciplines or doesn't make you an expert on everything else happening in society.

Of course, all these *beep-boop* "I am a highly rational human" nerds latch on to these because they are "science" men. White rich men telling that things were better before and all progress is bad because ~reasons~, quelle surprise.

Hats of to the Petersons of the world for seizing the opportunity to suck the teat of wingnut welfare, but they are not really helping. Just adding to the fart-sniffing of this whole alt-right echosystem.

I'm skeptical of anyone selling self-help who has a patreon because if that model is viable then it doesn't seem like it would be the best help.  like how long does it take to not need any more?  also I read Shapiro's more generous interpretation of "socially-enforced monogamy" and I still don't get how that prevents things like the Toronto Incel attack.  anyone wanna explain that one?  I'd be curious to hear the most generous explanation that connects a to b there.

Archived