IGNORED

is parhelic triangle autechre's best track

Suffocate Peon

no there's no such thing as 'best'/ no pro radii is

is it ?

why does it stand out among everything else ? Is it just me ?

maybe it's due to it being the most otherworldly alien track that's so divorced from the reality that two blokes made it. Like recently i've been thinking about HR Giger, and tending to look at everything in comparison to him. So, if Giger is the pinnacle of humans dark imagination, then everything else would be, say 0.8% as interesting as Giger, or 1.3% as interesting, and so on. I think Parhelic Triangle leaps to, possibly..actually very high i really love this track. probably 79% as interesting as Giger?

This applies:

Betteridge's law of headlines is one name for an adage that states: "Any headline that ends in a question mark can be answered by the word no." It is named after Ian Betteridge, a British technology journalist, although the principle is much older.

Though, PT is a fucking great track. Tons of weirdness and subtlety and organic grossness to it...always been a touch Lovecraftian in my mind if I'm being honest... Always felt like there was more there hiding or unreleased, like this was just a preview of some larger piece that would be too great and dark for the world to comprehend so we just got PH.

Sublimit is their best track, hands down, end of the story. Best track so far, at least.

the current status of the ae subforuma261c4b4e1f65b10857f3774528ccb5c--chains

upside-down Mobius ovaries

Clearly its a diagram of how to draw the dog eared exclamation point party hats Sean and Rob wear to interface with their AI Max patches.

This thread would reach its peak if sean posted saying 'nah mate its maphive 6.1, cheers'

i only say that because i always want to know what are musicians favourite tracks of their own, most are never asked or won't say. tbh it annoyed me sean didn't spill the Metroid Prime soundtrack details in the big Q&A, as though Retro Studios are gonna regularly browse the internet inbetween making Donkey Kong Country games to see if the musicians they didn't work with 16 years ago have divulged information of no consequence and then fly some hoodlums from Texas round to knock angrily on their doors.

and i thought metroid prime sountrack was written by kenji yamamoto?

Yeah, and it's a brilliant soundtrack. They're thanked in the credits, I thought they were contacted after Confield when the game was intended to be a lot darker (like Echoes), but Nintendo wanted a more of the Nintendo timeless brighter colour palette to the game. I think there were asked in the q&a but didn't say anything for reasons of signing an nda. It's my favourite videogame.

and i thought metroid prime sountrack was written by kenji yamamoto?

Yeah, and it's a brilliant soundtrack. They're thanked in the credits, I thought they were contacted after Confield when the game was intended to be a lot darker (like Echoes), but Nintendo wanted a more of the Nintendo timeless brighter colour palette to the game. I think there were asked in the q&a but didn't say anything for reasons of signing an nda. It's my favourite videogame.

wow didnt know this. thnx!

Archived