IGNORED

New Album "Camelot Arcade"

Hail Sagan

Have listened two times in full already.  I can imagine that people who are exclusively fans of Andy's goofy stuff won't like this.  However, IMO, after these listens I can say so far that this might be my favorite release of his.

With no exaggeration, this album is unlike anything he's ever done.  It's the most emotional and musically complex album he's ever written.  Super dreamy melodies and interesting chord progressions.  Every track feels like a sad, dreamy soundscape, but with signature Ceephax 80s drums.  Nearly no acid lines in the whole album, lots (and lots) of SH instead.  I can't count the number of good tracks, I really do love the whole thing.  It flows incredibly well.  As far as single vision albums go, this is most similar to  Cro Magnox, but this one is better.  So stoked to listen again today!

This album is surprisingly good, I think the album cover does it a disservice as I was expecting a lot of fun, silly Ceephax tracks. This feels like some of the most mature, developed, emotive (and often melancholy) stuff he’s ever done. Bravo!

Yep definitely more mature than all the Acid Crew works and a worthy follow up LP to Cro Magnox that was already a high point in his catalogue.

Great work all round, I will get a lot of mileage from this. Path to the None is an early highlight contender for me.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if he could top Cro Magnox in my book... but this one is just track after track of twists and turns.  

...and has he been listening to Bruce Hornsby and the Range lately?  I mean this in the best way possible.  

Just sayin.  I love Bruce Hornsby.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if he could top Cro Magnox in my book... but this one is just track after track of twists and turns.  

...and has he been listening to Bruce Hornsby and the Range lately?  I mean this in the best way possible.  

Just sayin.  I love Bruce Hornsby.

Hmm!

Also, can anyone post pics of the vinyl/packaging? 

path to the none is so beautiful

Probably my favorite track of the album.  I don't usually remember track names but I've looked at the song name whenever something magical is happening and that one has stood out since first listen. :)

It caught me off guard, being more about building ambiences/vibes than about arps that build to an epic climax like on Cro Magnox. It's clear that Ceephax had a specific sound/goal in mind with this, and created something different (than what he's done before). A couple of places reminded me of tracks on SAW1, a little. Not sure it will ever top Cro Magnox (one of my all-time favorites) for me, but I do think it will grow on me more with future listens.