IGNORED

DJ Food [playing] with [some] Boc [tracks] - april 6th!!!!!

phudoshin

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chesney

Refunded, Poor DJ Food. If I lived in LDN i'd definitely have gone but not travelling a way and paying for accomodation for it.

Just got this email:

Riccardo Viozzi <riccardo.soundcrash@gmail.com>
11:40 AM (6 minutes ago)
to bcc: me 

HHey, 

Thanks for buying a ticket for DJ FOOD at Archspace.

Due to a typo in our mailer, it sounded like Boards of Canda would be performing with DJ FOOD at Archspace.

We apologise for the mistake, however, we are massively looking forward for a great show from DJ FOOD.

Any questions let me know

Best

lol "massively looking forward "

:cisfor:

I had to ask to be offered a refund and the contact said "refund or keep tickets but not both"

It was false advertising not a typo. I paid to see Board of Canada after-all

O is for "Oh no they didnt"

1. lol

2. Apologies in advance, but I must insist that DJ Food not get any collateral flak by dint of ignorance, so

DJ Food began as a Coldcut side project in the early 90s as a means of releasing breaks records, i.e., "food for DJs."  It was originally a 4-member collective (the two Coldcut dudes, PC, Strictly Kev), but as it started to gain traction - breaks becoming more full-blown productions - Coldcut ceded control of the project to PC & Kev.  PC left to do other stuff in the 2000s and I think it's only been Kev since.

They (PC & Kev) are first rate producers and released some decent (albeit hit or miss) stuff, though they're way more exalted the realm of mixing and turntablism, having featured on Coldcut's timeless 70 Minutes of Madness mix and making the fantastic Blech mixes for Warp in the mid-90s.  They're obsessive record & sample collectors too, IIRC one of them had enough material to do 4 hours worth of mixes featuring nothing but Kraftwerk covers by other artists.

For fellow boccers, they also made this short 'n sweet BoC mix around the time of Geogaddi's release:

reading this thread from the beginning is an emotional roller coaster, it starts with boc playing live  to ups just a typo. 
I dont want even want know how twoism reacted to this.

This whole situation is a massive clusterfuck.

Kev is awesome, he was at an Emotion Wave night back last year and put on an excellent set with amazing visuals that he had hand-crafted himself onto projector slides.

While the cynic in me is leaning towards the "typo" being done on purpose to get clickbait purchases of tickets, the pragmatist in me realises that most of the time these organisers won't have heard of a lot of the acts they're hosting.

It's definitely plausible that someone did genuinely fuck up the promotion here.

Archived