IGNORED

Elon Musk's Starman - Is this shit real wtf

YO303

2018: The year space travel is dank memes

Edited by Gocab

I wonder how the flat earthers are taking this footage.

A flat-earther in California finally tried to fly away. His rocket didn’t even ignite.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/02/06/flat-earther-rocket-launch-fails/

Best headline about this: Flat Earther's Rocket Launch Fails Spectacularly, Disappointing Tens

Maybe Hughes’s current outlook is best summarized in this quote he recently gave to the press:

“I’m a 61-year-old man,” he says. “I’m tired.”

(living 20 minutes from that spot, I can't emphasize enough how huge these stairs are)

I feel uncomfortable with Jaws doing that set. They were Ali Boulala's, he spiritually claimed them. It had an almost mythical status and should have been left as such, especially considering Ali's current condition. Feels like a disservice. Especially when jaws fucking grabs the board! Ali attempted the set with no grab! 

And that over the top reaction in front of Ali, meh I hate jaws. 

Edited by ceiling

i'm a big fan of space exploration of any kind. but i hate elon musk more than any living being ever existing. and shit like that is the reason why

this has 2 be the dumbest shit ever in mankind

seriously, fuck venture capitalist tech bros

lol so negative in this thread

If this was a commercial he'd launch the most up to date shiny Telsa Model 3 or something with the logo prominently displayed. Instead he sent his own personal older model from years ago with funny references to Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy inside car, and playing A Space Oddity

There is literally nothing to hate here, this is a test launch and he is decreasing the amount of waste products produced by space launches by making reusable rockets, and he decided to do it in a fun way

Killjoys Jesus Christ, whatever

A billionaire with massive visions for a sustainable future of humanity and you for some reason decide to hate on him for doing something in a ROCKET TEST LAUNCH which was EXPECTED TO EXPLODE ANYWAY but they got lucky and it didn't.

I hate crony capitalism and environmental waste as much as the next guy, but this is purely 100% positive and great

Yeah, love the DON'T PANIC plaque on the dashboard.

(living 20 minutes from that spot, I can't emphasize enough how huge these stairs are)

I feel uncomfortable with Jaws doing that set. They were Ali Boulala's, he spiritually claimed them. It had an almost mythical status and should have been left as such, especially considering Ali's current condition. Feels like a disservice. Especially when jaws fucking grabs the board! Ali attempted the set with no grab! 

Not invested enough either personally to take a side but that's an interesting take. Reminds me of the drama over the 900 as a trick, Tas Pappas was quite resentful Tony Hawk landed it and was so heavily credited for doing so.

Not invested enough either personally to take a side but that's an interesting take. Reminds me of the drama over the 900 as a trick, Tas Pappas was quite resentful Tony Hawk landed it and was so heavily credited for doing so.

After writing that comment i ended up watching an interview with both of them, seems like Ali is fine with it. 

I'm not that invested either, stopped skating a long time ago and haven't kept up with it at all. 

But seeing that clip just kind of made me feel meh. 

Ali video feels raw and jaws one just feels really commercial for some reason. I think it's just his personality. 

Now, sadly its burned into my retina. Never to be removed. What was once special, has now been soiled.

It's like watching the hollywood version of ghost in the shell or something. 

After writing that comment i ended up watching an interview with both of them, seems like Ali is fine with it. 

I'm not that invested either, stopped skating a long time ago and haven't kept up with it at all. 

But seeing that clip just kind of made me feel meh. 

Ali video feels raw and jaws one just feels really commercial for some reason. I think it's just his personality. 

Now, sadly its burned into my retina. Never to be removed. What was once special, has now been soiled.

It's like watching the hollywood version of ghost in the shell or something. 

It was demystified. I know that feeling. It's not so much negative / sad / etc. but more of this realization that something no longer has a special aura to it, instead of a legendary story captured raw we have a pristine feat filmed in HD.

The car thing is gimmicky but w/e, however seeing the rockets land like that was pretty fucking sweet.

typically the test payload is a block of concrete. this had to be much much heavier, so why the hell not shoot a car at mars with 2001 blasting on the radio?

I mean, I guess I could see requesting the AE_LIVE sets being played, but that is the only fault I can find.

Absolutely awe inspiring! I wonder what Bowie would have said?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that it's the dumbest shit ever in mankind?

fuck helping 1000's of people, let's shoot a sportscar in space!

I am a big fan of you Ivan, but I dont understand that rationale. Do you think he should abandon his dreams of space travel and interplanetary living in the future to hand out food now? He is doing it all with his own money. And he is pushing humanity on his own IMO. When you come into a sum of money, do you donate it to help people or do you follow your passions?

Edited by jules

I am a big fan of you Ivan, but I dont understand that rationale. Do you think he should abandon his dreams of space travel and interplanetary living in the future to hand out food now? He is doing it all with his own money. And he is pushing humanity on his own IMO. When you come into a sum of money, do you donate it to help people or do you follow your passions?

aw thanks jules! i love you to meng

to be honest i prob almost never gave anything to charity in my life, so i' gues i'm just as much as an asshole but if i had THAT MUCH money i'd most certainly use it for a better cause

Also there is a very  practical purpose for the rockets that will benefit many, no?

Yeah I think the bigger thing not being mentioned was that this is a test flight. The payload could of been anything: bricks, greek yogurt, Jerry MaGuire VHS tapes, Homeless people with 808s. 

It was basically a shits and giggles "why not" payload approved by the engineers. They didn't spend all these time and money to launch a fucking Tesla in space.

The guy throws his fortune at solar, electric cars, reusable rockets, and a global payment system, and somehow he's still a cunt. Y'all some sour mother fuckas.

bro i watched elysium and they don't want us there

The car thing is gimmicky but w/e, however seeing the rockets land like that was pretty fucking sweet.

typically the test payload is a block of concrete. this had to be much much heavier, so why the hell not shoot a car at mars with 2001 blasting on the radio?

I mean, I guess I could see requesting the AE_LIVE sets being played, but that is the only fault I can find.

hqdefault.jpg