IGNORED

Elon Musk's Starman - Is this shit real wtf

YO303

I wish we could reverse Noah's Ark shit sometimes - everyone on the ark DOESN'T survive. Share your list!

1. Kardashians and anyone affiliated

2. Iggy shitzalea and anyone affiliated

3. Mumble rappers and people with face tattoos

4. Trump and (vast generalization) stereotypical supporters

5. Modern pop artists

6. Flat earthers

7. Climate change denialists

edit:

8. People that make broad sweeping generalizations and articulate them in list form. :catsuicide:

No face tattoos means no Mike Tyson, so that’s a hard no.

Your edit absolves you of trying to eliminate all modern pop artists. Lol

Lol... I don't know, I wasn't thinking when I typed that.

Like, change it up and instead of sending the species you want to survive onto a boat into a huge amount of water (oceans), put the shit you wish would die on a wooden boat but then strap the boat to a rocket and shoot it into the Sun? =/

Oh you’re talking about the Golgafrincham Ark Fleet Ship B

I'm a mess tonight huh?  :catsuicide:  :cattears:  :facepalm:

Just put the bad people somewhere else m'kay? lol

I listened to this at work yesterday morning.

Why doesn’t the whole world realize what a charlatan he is? Blazing and drinking whiskey talking about how he tried to warn people about AI but now he is happier because he is a fatalist.

He is routinely taken seriously on NPR.

musk a charlatan? pfff, ima fan!

guys a real inventor. got a massive brain to solve any problem showing up at his doorstep. or our doorstep. thx to tesla, electric cars are actually a serious thing nowadays. without, those stupid old world car manufacturers would still be into making fuel burning crap. hes just a bit of a nuckle head. but thank god, imo. without, he'd just be like the rest of us stupid sheeple. being rationally stupid and all that.

i just admire him doing silly stupid stuff that most people think is stupid. and getting away with it. building a car company from zero? sure why not... building rockets? tunnels? the guy is crazy. admirable because he learns from his mistakes and eventually finds ways to get there. he's obviously not a scientist. but smart enough to use it in getting to where he thinks he needs to go. 

the charlatan angle is imo a bit of a cop out. yeah he does stupid shit. and eventually gets away with it by trial and error. it's that silicon valley "fail fast, learn faster" mindset which i admire. lots of failing. but failing doesn't make you a charlatan. nor not having done the regular schoolwork. whatever though. if some people think he's a charlatan (never heard of azalea banks), that's fine. whatever floats your boat i guess.

BGZwl8D.gif

FiIF90T.gif

tEj5yHt.gif

s8KQyuz.gif

DmfugCIVsAIJE4M.jpg

He barely inhaled. Out of that consistently fascinating 2.5 hour interaction the above superficial blip is what causes a tremendous conservative paroxysm through the media resulting in stock losses and some execs fucking leaving the company!?(granted we don't have all the info there with regard to the politics within Tesla but still...)

i just admire him doing silly stupid stuff that most people think is stupid. and getting away with it. building a car company from zero? sure why not... building rockets? tunnels? the guy is crazy. admirable because he learns from his mistakes and eventually finds ways to get there. he's obviously not a scientist. but smart enough to use it in getting to where he thinks he needs to go. 

the charlatan angle is imo a bit of a cop out. yeah he does stupid shit. and eventually gets away with it by trial and error. it's that silicon valley "fail fast, learn faster" mindset which i admire. lots of failing. but failing doesn't make you a charlatan. nor not having done the regular schoolwork. whatever though. if some people think he's a charlatan (never heard of azalea banks), that's fine. whatever floats your boat i guess.

Elon Musk is very dumb and made his fortune by being bought out of Paypal by Peter Thiel for being stupid (the nail in the coffin was wanting to switch paypal's infrastructure over from windows to linux, costing them unfathomable amounts to do with no payoff.) I don't understand the whole sycophancy part of Elon as he really comes off as an airhead when he talks, keeping making impossible promises, huge claims and is using his sycophants to undermine the media. He is a tech-lord version of Donald Trump. One of the last things he was talking about was making his auto-factory more aerodynamic because he actually thought that it was wind resistance that was causing his factory to be slow :cerious: .

What Elon Musk and Donald Trump have taught me is that the internet, a marketing team and rich dumb boomers are the winning combination to creating a cult fueled by fear of the law of diminishing returns and long-term lead poisoning. Instead of a Ford-like competitor with a technological edge, Tesla is run like Kickstarter where the end result is a far throw away from the dream he was pitching, and people sunk so much of their time and money into it that they will blindly defend their dream, even if 85% of them are defective, falling apart and catching on fire spontaneously.

Hopefully the Chevy Volt or the Nissan Leaf keep the electric car going.