IGNORED

Elon Musk's Starman - Is this shit real wtf

YO303

I hate crony capitalism and environmental waste as much as the next guy, but this is purely 100% positive and great

The thing that got people wondering is how it's possible that a tiny group of investors can finance such a thing as "space-exploration" (using a general umbrella term here). It seems to imply that the amount of wealth concentrated at a small group of people is so big that they can throw money at building spaceships.

That's something which used to be typically funded by tax-payers in public space. Now it's still funded by tax-payers, but in commercial space. Outside the reach of democracy. (sure, people can "vote"  with their money, but wealth is so concentrated, it ends up in fewer and fewer places anyways. so "choice" in this context means little) There's no democratic process to vote whether this money should go to providing healthcare, education, building roads, defence, etc. This is about spending huge chunks of money in the private domain. Arguably taken from public domain.

Other than that, I've got no problems with Elon Musk or innovation/entrepreneurs. I just have some questions about the concentration of wealth which has made this possible.

screen in the car says "DONT PANIC"

if the car gimmick wasn't bad enough, now a fucking geek reference that over three quarters the world doesnt get is immortalized in history

i swear, the first line of the first person (hand-picked by Elon Musk) setting foot on mars will be "BAZINGA!"

i'll be tying a noose for when that happens

And by the way - of course it's going to start out as self indulgent capitalist bullshit like "trips to space for $1m" and "round trips around mars for $100m"

Don't think of that as decadence and a priority of billionaires over the common people - think of that as billionaires donating money to the development of cheap space travel for all of these purposes I mentioned, which are all meant for increasing the efficiency of humanity

This stuff used to be extremely expensive, now it's way way way cheaper - you just have to keep doing it.  

Ronald_Reagan_televised_address_from_the

best car commercial ever !

jokes besides this is an incredible achievement especially when the 2 thrusters land at the same time at 9:31 and also the core part of the rocket managed to land at sea on a platform.

i would love to be the music supervisor in their control room so i could do a vynil scratch sound effect during that bowie song if the launch failed.

Edited by eugene

best car commercial ever !

jokes besides this is an incredible achievement especially when the 2 thrusters land at the same time at 9:31 and also the core part of the rocket managed to land at sea on a platform.

i would love to be the music supervisor in their control room so i could do a vynil scratch sound effect during that bowie song if the launch failed.

Cut the power to the deck and let that shit slooooowwwww dooowwwnnnnnn

I wonder how the flat earthers are taking this footage.

I gotta be honest, the first time i saw the footage i thought it was fake so they'll probably say that.

Saw this interview with Ali Boulala recently. Very tragic.

Such a great career cut short. It was surreal because I was really into skateboarding until like 2002 or so. I remember finding out about this years after it happened randomly reading up on skateboarders I remember from the late 90s / early 00s. Part of me wasn't shocked, he was a member of the "piss drunx" crew. 

I feel like he's been able to atone and move on, haven't watched this but read some interviews with him recently. There's some other skaters who got into drugs and could of easily had even bigger careers, especially from the 80s heyday. Jay Adams comes to mind.

Not to downplay the death of Shane Cross, but nothing in the skateboarding world would probably top Mark Rogowski's rape and killing of Jessica Bergsten. 

Edited by joshuatx

I think this is nothing short of totally fucking awesome. kudos to musk. he has balls and a sense of humor.

his cars are S3X. his space company is SpaceSex and he just launched a giant dick into space with a car in in.

two thumbs up.

Edited by jules

I think this is nothing short of totally fucking awesome. kudos to musk. he has balls and a sense of humor.

his cars are S3X. his space company is SpaceSex and he just launched a giant dick into space with a car in in.

two thumbs up.

lmao