IGNORED

Elon Musk's Starman - Is this shit real wtf

YO303

Is this real?

Holy sh*t: "On Wednesday afternoon, the Twitter accounts of notable billionaires including Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, Tesla founder Elon Musk, rapper Kanye West, Microsoft founder Bill Gates, and former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg were hacked. Politicians’ accounts, including Joe Biden and Barack Obama, were also affected soon after. “I am giving back to the community,” the tweets read. “All Bitcoin sent to the address below will be sent back doubled!” The link to the Bitcoin wallet is consistent throughout all the tweets, suggesting a cryptocurrency scam."

That's insane!

Also: "cryptocurrency figures, politicians, influencers (MrBeast), major companies (Uber, Apple, Wendy’s), currency apps (Coindesk, Gemini, Square's Cash App), athletes (Floyd Mayweather), joke accounts (God),..."

Twitter: “We detected what we believe to be a coordinated social engineering attack by people who successfully targeted some of our employees with access to internal systems and tools”
Seems like someone got admin access to the entire Twitter platform!

Who did this?

• an disgruntled (ex-)employee
  • a malicious person
  • a competing platform
  • a malicious group
  • a malicious agency within the government
  • an opposing country / government

What is their actual motive? 

• a cryptocurrency scam to make some money
  • an exploit testing the security of the system for a future malicious use
  • a way to destabilize the twitter platform
  • a way to eventually start posting other fake twitter massages in the future to influence twitter-users
  • a way to blackmail twitter
  • a way to to steal info from twitter-accounts

This is terrible.

Also: This is great for conspiracy theories ?

Edited by MaartenVC
  • Like 1

Well, they didn't go for any right wing accounts as far as I've seen, so that probably indicates something about the hackers.

• Like 1

Damn. This is some dark shit really. It's certainly nothing new I guess but my reaction comes from basically falling for it in this thread. I saw those tweets and thought 'that's gonna be a ridiculously generous thing' and then lo. Gotta get out of the stars and back onto some ugly ground. 

1 hour ago, MaartenVC said:

Who did this?

• an disgruntled (ex-)employee
  • a malicious person
  • a competing platform
  • a malicious group
  • a malicious agency within the government
  • an opposing country / government

Maybe a group of hackers who live in an economically left behind place and see this as their chance to hack themselves out of poverty, possibly in Russia, because the Russian government doesn't do shit for their population. They often see Trump as the fifth column in the USA which they blame for their misery, which in fact is partly true if you consider that there was less poverty under the Soviet Union (while this system had other problems). The Soviet Union was better at covering people's basic needs than modern Russia is, unfortunately, even though it was a dictatorship that persecuted a bunch of people (which modern Russia in a way still is). It's desperation, really

• Facepalm 1

• 2 weeks later...

They got away with $110K according to Wikipedia. A lower amount than I expected. You ought to figure how insane it is to pledge to double an unknown amount of money over 30 minutes in front of millions of readers. 

Great reveal of how vulnerable these major players are. 

Edited by chim

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 7/9/2020 at 11:20 PM, rhmilo said:
On 7/8/2020 at 12:05 PM, zkom said:

The Finnish system is so fucking complicated I'm not even gonna try to explain it in full, but in essence public holidays are paid unless they fall on the weekend. If you work on public holiday you usually get double pay and if you work on a public holiday that falls on Sunday you get triple pay. Vacation time is separate and paid and the public holidays don't count as vacation days, even if they fall on Saturday, but funnily Sunday doesn't count.. a weird remnant from the 6 day work week.

Then there are the rules governing the vacation time where it gets really complicated, but let's just say you usually get 4-5 weeks of paid vacation per year and a lot of times the vacation time salary is 50% extra..

We call this “civilization”.

On 1/20/2021 at 6:38 PM, rhmilo said:

Sniggers.

Ooh, those uncivilized yanks. ...

I deboonkt ur hypocrisy there mate

Edited by dingformung

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...