IGNORED

Elon Musk's Starman - Is this shit real wtf

YO303

40 minutes ago, ignatius said:

lols. 

remember the days back when internet trolling was fairly harmless? when was that, like 2005/2006? before social media took off I know. the "hey let's make fake celeb accounts on here, then post a bunch of hilarious dumb shit from it." that was all in good fun, no harm done because it was obviously all fake. now - a fake, impersonated account costs a company actual $. what is the term for that? like when Idiocracy becomes reality?

side rant: this social media, living your life online stuff is all making it harder and harder to connect with reality for a lot of people. virtual life we know is a version of the best side of the person, hides the ugly real stuff. I can see how this is very very attractive for a lot of people - sell this image of yourself as a happy person, when you're really not. IMO we all just need to get back to more of the things that remind us we're all human. then work on fixing ourselves. not more of these distractions that promote blowing smoke up everyone's ass for personal gratification. I could do without it, TBH. just keep watmm plugged in lol.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, zero said:

virtual life we know is a version of the best side of the person, hides the ugly real stuff. I can see how this is very very attractive for a lot of people - sell this image of yourself as a happy person, when you're really not.

I don't necessarily agree with this... I've seen 'true colors' of people I thought I never would... enormous frustrated rants and whatnot... sofa activism, written observations I'd swear would never come out of that person's mouth irl... once in a while I check my friends feed on Facebook and I can't help but cringe... some ppl just make fools out of themselves unfortunately, me included probably:facepalm:

that's why I only post on WATMM, nobody knows me irl :trollface:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

I don't necessarily agree with this... I've seen 'true colors' of people I thought I never would... enormous frustrated rants and whatnot... sofa activism, written observations I'd swear would never come out of that person's mouth irl... once in a while I check my friends feed on Facebook and I can't help but cringe... some ppl just make fools out of themselves unfortunately, me included probably:facepalm:

well, by not being on twitter you may be missing out on the opportunity to make it your financial institution of choice. no, really, what shitty brainstorm vomit is musk talking about here???

• Confused 1
  • Farnsworth 1

17 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

lol man...I was having a boomer rant moment. I seem to be unable to escape these rant urges as I get up in years ?

what I was thinking about when I said that is the tendency for people to always post these happy pictures of themselves on their FB/gram. like that's the fake shit I was meaning. pictures that make it look like everything's fun, happy, life's a blast...its the same shit as all the advertising and marketing pictures out there. yeah I was having a fight club rant moment.

like anything, social media has its pros and cons. another outlet for a person to express themselves, either good or bad, is of some value. if it helps someone out by saying stuff online, when that person may not be able to say that stuff IRL (and its genuine), then great! but the downside of course is that by sharing that shit online, like you said, it can make the person look like a fool, and possibly draw in negativity from the comment brigade...

I'm also in the watmm only club. no one knows me here either.

On 11/11/2022 at 10:59 PM, zero said:

remember the days back when internet trolling was fairly harmless? when was that, like 2005/2006?

yes. i was on watmm ❤️

god i'd love to hang out on classic internet again. flash toons, MS Paint contests, mods with hairy balls avatars, shock images in spoiler tags that don't work.

you'd hear a five second loop of an aphex track and treasure it - never being able to hear it anywhere, not on youtube, spotify, warp store, amazon, no copies of it on ebay, non-existent until one fateful day you find an mp3 of it on slsk. and that would be the most magical thing in the world, even if it was something like GAK or stone in focus. to just hear the track in that sample was an impossible dream. that's my rant lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dragon said:

yes. i was on watmm ❤️

god i'd love to hang out on classic internet again. flash toons, MS Paint contests, mods with hairy balls avatars, shock images in spoiler tags that don't work.

you'd hear a five second loop of an aphex track and treasure it - never being able to hear it anywhere, not on youtube, spotify, warp store, amazon, no copies of it on ebay, non-existent until one fateful day you find an mp3 of it on slsk. and that would be the most magical thing in the world, even if it was something like GAK or stone in focus. to just hear the track in that sample was an impossible dream. that's my rant lol

Capitalism has sucked the last fiber of soul from what the internet was meant to be.

Edited by logakght
  • Like 2
  • Big Brain 1

On 11/15/2022 at 12:56 PM, logakght said:
On 11/15/2022 at 11:11 AM, Dragon said:

yes. i was on watmm ❤️

Capitalism has sucked the last fiber of soul from what the internet was meant to be.

my main beef against capitalism is that it has stopped me from blueballing over 5 second AFX track previews.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2