IGNORED

BEHRINGER 'Neutron' - Analog Semi-Modular Synthesizer

TRiP

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy shit, $299?! I'm definitely getting one.

It's ugly as hell, but that's the only negative.

Not sure yet on this. Price is great for what it's capable of, however, I'm worried about the quality of sound from it. There's very little out there just yet and nothing really sounds bad, but also not too much I've heard is particularly impressive. I'm thinking that may change as we hear it from more sources, but my initial reaction is that it's...a synth. :)

This is the only other sound I've heard beyond the two YT clips Behringer have posted.

Small, cheap, reasonably decent sounding and semimoduar - seems like it would be a good bread and butter performance synth.  I'm sure it's multi-layer oards like the Deepmind so it will probably be impossible to repair a lot of long term issues but as a beater/player it seems great, and it's certainly a better way to spend $300 than a Roland Boutique IMO.

I'm going to have to cover those blue LEDs with something, they make my brain hurt.

I shouldn't really hate on it. Looks like a very useful bit of kit.

that synth is so terrible looking.

ftfy :)

It really is ugly as sin. That's really not very important, of course, but until we have more sounds I'll just puke a little each time I see it. :nope:

It's ugly in the way that 1999 or so Roland Gear was ugly, but more so. I guess good on them for being ahead of their c9mpetitors in that sense, all the other big companies are still on the 80s nostalgia train, but 1997-2002 is ascendant.

How does one get into designing face plates for synths/modules? Sounds like it would be pretty fun to do.

Photoshop + XACTO knife?

If you want to waste 4 minutes here's ...technically sounds from the synth.

This looks like it's shipping right around when I get paid for this season's work (I record and edit a local lecture series on the side and use the money to fund music stuff) and it's going to be hard not to drop some of it on one of these at this price, although I feel like I should hold out for the Arp 2600 clone they've been talking about periodically for a few years, since the 2600 has been my ideal monosynth for as long as I can remember, and is the only one I really have any full-on GAS for.  Well, that and a CS-80, neither of which is going to happen for me unless Behringer intervenes.

How does one get into designing face plates for synths/modules? Sounds like it would be pretty fun to do.

Photoshop + XACTO knife?

If you want to waste 4 minutes here's ...technically sounds from the synth.

I'm not asking about the process, I'm asking about who designs these things. For a company like Behringer or Korg, I imagine they hire a designer instead of just letting the synth designers have a go at it.

Photoshop + XACTO knife?

I'm not asking about the process, I'm asking about who designs these things. For a company like Behringer or Korg, I imagine they hire a designer instead of just letting the synth designers have a go at it.

I was making a joke. I'm pretty bad at them.  :doge: 

What you said is probably the case in general, but Behringer are trying to race to the bottom with price/cost. I could see them skimping on hiring a professional to do the design, instead just letting whoever's on the payroll/already working on the synth do it as a bit of an afterthought.

Archived