IGNORED

BEHRINGER 'Neutron' - Analog Semi-Modular Synthesizer

TRiP

Yeah, PNW is great! My only minor complaints are that there's no pitch quantiser, and that everything is restricted to divisions or multiplications of the base tempo. That said, it's primarily a rhythm generator, so neither of those are a very big deal with the addition of a couple more modules. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

Hell yes, the frequency response is really great (and sensitive...)

Sorry for wobble bass but it gives you an idea

Tight. Thanks for that

• 2 months later...

Posting this here as well as EKT forum as it may interest some people.

The below track was creating live in one take with just the Neutron and some live patching and tweaking.  Incredibly fun and versatile machine.  It turned into a sort of weird drone / acid / electronica thing.

• 5 months later...

Cheers lads. Ugh first the Crave, but when I saw this I started lusting after the Neutron. It'd be my first semi-modular. It looks really fun and versatile

nice. 

i already got a really nice teisco delay tbf. but all the patching possibilities seem fun.

setting up all the hardware shit again (i sort of just claimed the hobby-room of the missus and me to myself ?). unfortunately the cassette recorder-part of my fostex 280 kinda died on me but the mixer still works. will look if i can get it repaired somewhere

The vast CV control options means I can synch from the tempo of my volca drum, control my delay pedal as well as the variables on my grain synth pedal.  So many great patches online now as well.

https://patch-library.net/patches?device=behringer-neutron

^ Some of those are gaff but gives you an idea of the vast ranges possible.

9 hours ago, Berk said:

nice. 

i already got a really nice teisco delay tbf. but all the patching possibilities seem fun.

setting up all the hardware shit again (i sort of just claimed the hobby-room of the missus and me to myself ?). unfortunately the cassette recorder-part of my fostex 280 kinda died on me but the mixer still works. will look if i can get it repaired somewhere

Probably just needs a new belt.

• 3 weeks later...

Holy shit, I missed this.

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2020/03/02/behringer-dismisses-critics-as-haters-launches-hate-attack-on-journalist/

About Behringer’s video, Magnetic Magazine’s Ryan Middleton states, “Not-withstanding the poor taste and bad execution, this is filled with anti-Semitic tropes.”

That perspective is shared by others

At Sound On Sound forum, johnny h writes “It’s impossible to ignore the antisemitic overtones used in the image. Kirn is a Jewish surname, and here you have the classic 1930s tropes of the beard, big nose, wild eyes, sinister grin and money grabbing hands.”

Kirn has since stated that he is not Jewish

behringer-cork-e1583213913650.jpg?w=951

Just ridiculous all around.

Incidentally, I'd never actually seen a photo of Uli before and I never really thought about it until I was surprised by the one in the article, but I've always pictured him being an overweight guy with a beard for some reason.  A bit like the Simpsons comic book guy but in a suit.

Ha yeah, I definitely didn't imagine him looking like that.

This all still rubs me the wrong way, along with that stuff with Robin Whittle around the same time (I think? It's hard to keep track of time lately). Every time I think about buying a Behringer synth clone I remember that stuff and quickly change my mind lol. 

Archived