IGNORED

Latest compact disc purchase.

whosebrian

Arpanet - Quantum Transposition (RePHLeX). I was vacillating between getting the digital instead of the CD, but I wanted the physical to fill the hole in my RePHLeX collection (which already had this on vinyl). I was actually quite surprised that the digital is officially available, but it's very expensive.

I'll most probably pick up Transllusion's L.I.F.E. next, it doesn't seem to be available for purchase digitally; I do have that one on vinyl, too, but I can't take that with me to work.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Edgar Froese - Beyond the Storm
Cristian Vogel - Rescate 137
Hudson Mohawk - Butter
Joker - The Vision
Yazoo - Upstairs at Eric's
Frankie Knuckles - Beyond the Mix
Pusha T - My Name is My Name
Autechre - Oversteps
CJ Bolland - The 4th Sign
Joey Beltram - Places
Mark Broom - Angie Is a Shoplifter

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally found a semi-decently priced copy of Quadrastate to gather dust (because I'll just rip and shelve the CD), completing my 808 State album collection (w/ 90, ex:el, Gorgeous, and Don Solaris as the 2CD versions containing Archives I-IV). They've recently put up State To State 1-3 on Bandcamp, which is nice, too. I love hunting down and collating my favourite artists' catalogue like this, then listening to everything in chronological order to hear how things have progressed throughout the years. I know I haven't properly got everything, not even near, but the albums, Archives and State To States are a complete enough cross-section of their work.

• 1 month later...

Pretty big end of the year haul, y'all.

Three albums by the J.B.'s:
Food for Thought (1972)
Doing It to Death (1972)
Damn Right I Am Somebody (1974)

Two by Cocteau Twins:
Treasure (1984)
Blue Bell Knoll (1988)

Some electroacoustic improvisation:
Hideaki Shimada Septet - recorded 2013, released 2014 (Full personnel: Hideaki Shimada; Toshihiro Koike; Ko Ishikawa; Tetuzi Akiyama; Kenichi Matsumoto; Daisuke Takaoka; Madoka Kouno; Kazushige Kinoshita; Junji Hirose; Hideo Ikegami; Maresuke Okamoto; Manabu Suzuki)

Some techno:
Stacey Pullen as Silent Phase - (The Theory Of) (1995)
Woody McBride as 4D - Asclepias (1994)
Dylan Hermelijn & Gert-Jan Schonewille as Mindscape - Mindscape (1994)
Electric Indigo - 5 1 1 5 9 3 (2018)
Robert Armani - Next Start (1994)

A house album by a now departed legend:
Paul Johnson - Bump Talkin (1995)

Some older dubstep:
Dubstep Allstars Vol. 04: Youngsta & Hatcha (2006)

And an ambient/musique concrete album:
Steve Roden - Speak No More About the Leaves (2003)

• Like 2

On 11/9/2021 at 1:24 PM, Himelstein said:

59E9AC81-8D7E-4ACD-B0C9-C1AC9BD41FC5.thumb.jpeg.02623dd4c74a8761f93a2109fb2dd326.jpegGot this at an antique festival in Amish country, hahaha. $1

Used to have it on cassette back in the day, but never “upgraded” to cd

Seeing the covers for these old rave-era comps give me serious flashbacks. :emotawesomepm9:

This reminds me that I found this bad boy on cassette a few years back…

spacer.png

… one of very few cassette releases with Stone In Focus on it :emotawesomepm9::emotawesomepm9::emotawesomepm9:

• Like 2

On 12/24/2021 at 3:12 PM, J3FF3R00 said:

Seeing the covers for these old rave-era comps give me serious flashbacks. :emotawesomepm9:

This reminds me that I found this bad boy on cassette a few years back…

spacer.png

… one of very few cassette releases with Stone In Focus on it :emotawesomepm9::emotawesomepm9::emotawesomepm9:

Nice! Got that one on cd, too- it’s sweet!

• Burger 1

• 1 month later...

Techno:
Octave One - The Living Key (To Images from Above)
Morganistic - Fluids Amniotic
James Ruskin - Further Design

Noise:
Astro - Astral Orange Sunshine

Psychedelic folk:
Anahita - Matricaria

Dub reggae:
King Tubby - Dub from the Roots

• 1 month later...

Techno:
Paperclip People aka Carl Craig - The Secret Tapes of Doctor Eich
Ken Ishii - Future in Light
Robert Armani - Madman Stand
The Blunted Boy Wonder (aka Steve Stoll) - Innuendo
Dan Curtin - Art & Science
DJ 3000 - Migration
As One aka Kirk deGiorgio - Reflections
Luke Slater's 7th Plain - The 4 Cornered Room

Psychedelic Folk:
Spires That in the Sunset Rise - Four WInds the Walker
Thuja - Pinecone Temples
The Franciscan Hobbies - Walls Are Stuck and Masks & Meanings

Footwork:
Traxman - Da Mind of Traxman, Vol. 2
DJ Nate - Da Track Genious
DJ Roc - The Crack Capone

Dubstep:
Kromestar - My Sound

Glitch/IDM:
Microstoria: _snd
Taylor Deupree: Faint

and, I'm embarrassed to admit, I had to replace my copy of Quaristice

Edited by splesh

• 4 weeks later...

Planet Mu currently has a sale on. 3 records for 33 quid/5 CDs from before 2020 for 25 quid. So I got 6 CDs, there's one or two I didn't get that I hope to get sometime in the future, but here's what I got:

iTAL tEK - Nebula Dance
Konx-om-Pax - Regional Surrealism
Herva - Kila & Hyper Flux
Ziúr - U Feel Anything? & ATØ

On 3/11/2022 at 11:11 PM, splesh said:

Glitch/IDM:
Microstoria: _snd
Taylor Deupree: Faint

Two fantastisch albums. Snd is my favourite Microstoria album. 

Faint ❤️, probably my go to Deupree album, though he has so many great albums. The boxset for Faint is nice.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Techno:
Robert Armani - Madman Stand
Jeff Mills - Purpose Maker Compilation
Fumiya Tanaka - International DJ Syndicate Mix 3 and Unknown Possibility Vol. 1

Trap:
Various Artists - All Trap Music

Raga/Dhrupad:
Ustad Zia Mohiuddin Dagar - Ragas Abhogi & Vardani Live in Seattle March 9, 1986 Raga Yaman Live in Seattle March 15, 1986
Subroto Roy Chowdhury -Meditation Raga (Solo Sitar in Kaushiki Kanara)

Noise:
Government Alpha - Quaint Putrid Slag

Art Rock/Prog:
Yes -Close to the Edge

Modern Classical:
Eliane Radigue - Opus 17

Edited by splesh
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

A pretty nice haul all and all if a bit rushed, but got it on holidays and the store was pretty nice if a bit limited in some crucial parts like their amount of electronic music

* Main - Firmament III (ambient drone from former shoegazers)
* Gangsta Boo - Both Worlds *69 (If you like Three 6 Mafia, be sure to check this one out, she was a member in their earlier days including such widely beloved works as Mystic Stylez)
* Steve Roden - Three Roots Carved to Look Like Stones (Lowercase isn't everyone's cup of tea but it is mine)
* MC Nas-D & DJ Freaky Fred - It's My Cadillac (Got That Bass) (I'm sometimes a sucker for Miami Bass)
* Two recordings of some works by modern composer Giacinto Scelsi, one of which is a recording of Ensemble 2E2M conducted by Paul Méfano from 1990 and one is a recording of  the Münchener Kammerorchester conducted by Christoph Poppen from 2006
* Aswad - Hulet (Before they went pop, these British future reggae stars released two albums which were rootsier/more soulful, of which this is the second)
* The 2003 reissue of the Arditti String Quartet's performance of Luigi Nono's sole piece for string quartet (as well as another string work) Fragmente; Hay que caminar
* Sly and Robbie - Rhythm Killers (kinda cool kinda trash album from the master rhythm section produced by Bill Laswell and featuring guests ranging from Bootsy Collins to Henry Threadgill)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, splesh said:

A pretty nice haul all and all if a bit rushed, but got it on holidays and the store was pretty nice if a bit limited in some crucial parts like their amount of electronic music

* Main - Firmament III (ambient drone from former shoegazers)
* Gangsta Boo - Both Worlds *69 (If you like Three 6 Mafia, be sure to check this one out, she was a member in their earlier days including such widely beloved works as Mystic Stylez)
* Steve Roden - Three Roots Carved to Look Like Stones (Lowercase isn't everyone's cup of tea but it is mine)
* MC Nas-D & DJ Freaky Fred - It's My Cadillac (Got That Bass) (I'm sometimes a sucker for Miami Bass)
* Two recordings of some works by modern composer Giacinto Scelsi, one of which is a recording of Ensemble 2E2M conducted by Paul Méfano from 1990 and one is a recording of  the Münchener Kammerorchester conducted by Christoph Poppen from 2006
* Aswad - Hulet (Before they went pop, these British future reggae stars released two albums which were rootsier/more soulful, of which this is the second)
* The 2003 reissue of the Arditti String Quartet's performance of Luigi Nono's sole piece for string quartet (as well as another string work) Fragmente; Hay que caminar
* Sly and Robbie - Rhythm Killers (kinda cool kinda trash album from the master rhythm section produced by Bill Laswell and featuring guests ranging from Bootsy Collins to Henry Threadgill)

Love me some Main. Check out Tau and Transiency if you haven't already.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Ordered the new Incapacitants album - Oxen Man's Uneasiness straight from the label. And I also bought these post rock/math rock classics on Discogs: Millions Now Living Will Never Die by Tortoise, Do Make Say Think's & Yet & Yet, and Don Caballero's much beloved third album What Burns Never Returns.

U09polygon.jpg
Usagi Productions in Sweden has just put out a new reissue of the previously impossible to come by 7" record (originally limited to 85 copies) by the much beloved psychedelic Japanese harsh noise outfit Cosmic Coincidence Control Center. For those who dig this kinda thing, I'd jump on this while the copies of the new edition are still available.

dnb:
Makai - Stealth
Current Value - Frequency Hunt

house:
Wamdue Kids - These Branching Moments

techno:
The Knife - Shaking the Habitual
Rue East - Summer of Blood
GF - Electronic Lesson, Part 1 and Electronic Lesson Part 2
Christopher Just - Jeans & Electronic
Soul Destroyaz - Destroyed

psychedelic folk:
Pelt - An Empty Bell Ringing in the Sky

• 1 month later...

MDYtNTI3OC5qcGVn.jpeg
Thursday Afternoon by Brian Eno (1985)
anBlZw.jpeg
Model 3, Step 2 by Microstoria (2000)
a2170511658_10.jpg
Cantor Quartets by Antoine Beuger
Ny0zODEwLmpwZWc.jpeg
The Earth and the Sky by Michael Pisaro-Liu
51gWs3ozfLL._AC_.jpg
The Unbearable Lightness of Autorepeating by Auto Repeat (1998)
original.jpg
Cactuses Come in Flocks by Melt-Banana (1994)