IGNORED

Latest compact disc purchase.

whosebrian

0012269526_10.jpg

Picked up a 5cd retrospective on Picadisk from Omit, a New Zealander known for his oddball minimalism. My first cd buy in a few years, very happy with this. 4 copies left on bandcamp. Big recommended.

http://picadisk.com/pica044.html

https://picadisk.bandcamp.com/album/enclosures-2011-2016

This looks lush. Combined with the endorsement of Richard Chartier on BC, instabuy.

Guest ansgaria

What?? by Folke Rabe.

R-322138-1500010844-8383.png.jpg

On discogs. But the seller stopped responding, unfortunately had to spend time at the hospital. So I didn't get it.
If anyone in Europe has got a fairly priced cd copy they want to sell, write me a message.

Edited by ansgaria

0012269526_10.jpg

Picked up a 5cd retrospective on Picadisk from Omit, a New Zealander known for his oddball minimalism. My first cd buy in a few years, very happy with this. 4 copies left on bandcamp. Big recommended.

http://picadisk.com/pica044.html

https://picadisk.bandcamp.com/album/enclosures-2011-2016

This looks lush. Combined with the endorsement of Richard Chartier on BC, instabuy.

Very good call, sir! You won't regret it. The music is sooo fucking good.

nice1

Oh my latest CD purchase.

So I sold all my CDs recently because I was moving and I honestly didn't want to take all eleven or twelve hundred or so with me. Dumped them in a hip 2nd hand record shop and got mad cash.

Went to a gig last Friday, Bohman Brothers, Pete Um and Ergo Phizmiz.

Was a little bit of merch there and I realised I'd lost all my Bohman CDs when I sold my collection. The Back on the Streets album is notoriously hard to get hold of. It came out on Peter Strickland's label but he announced it wasn't going to be distributed and if you wanted a copy you would have to get it off one of the Bohmans in person. My last copy I got off Adam by collaring him after a gig back in 2012. Was pretty cool ended up going for a pint with him and Phil Minton.

They had a small pile of them at this gig so I grabbed one for myself and one for Herr Jan, who's been after a copy for a while now.

Behold this beauty:

original.jpg

Shit, I wish I knew the answer to this.  I don't think I ever anticipated the day my CD buying would come to an end.  Must have been shortly after Syro.  Syro may have actually been the last CD I bought.  Neat, if true.

The better half just bought me Artificial Intelligence 1 & 2 as they’ve always eluded me... and Saint Etienne - So Tough (Deluxe Edition)

Bless her :)

So far this year I have acquired...

Plug - Drum 'n' Bass For Papa  - 2CD version with Versatile Crib Funk (50p on a local market stall)

Found Sound (Touched Music)

Back To Mine - Nick Warren (£1 - 2nd hand)

Laurent Garnier - 30 (£1 - 2nd hand)

Ninja Cuts: Funkungfusion (£1 - 2nd hand)

Min-Y-Llan - A Distant Rainbow

Nils Frahm - All Melody

Steven Rutter - BrainFog

Darren Nye - Emotional Intelligence

The Herbaliser - Bring Out The Sound (promo)

Edited by BUNKUM

I've only made one such purchase this year, and that was the 2-disc reissue of Biosphere's Shenzou (awesome and totally worth it, I need to get on more of this guy's stuff).

And yeah like Zeph I too often wonder whether my last CD buy is in fact my last.  I used to love trawling used bins back in the day but there's practically nowhere left around here to uhh do that. 

This thread just made me realise I don't even have the means to play CDs at the moment. My external drive has just packed-up, and I'm not planning on an urgent replacement. I suppose I will get round to it eventually.

The better half just bought me Artificial Intelligence 1 & 2 as they’ve always eluded me... and Saint Etienne - So Tough (Deluxe Edition)

Did you get the double disc for AI 2?

Did you get the double disc for AI 2?

That’s a very good point