IGNORED

µ-Ziq - Challenge Me Foolish

Hugh Mughnus

I don't know why but I thought he'd save ZIQ400 for new-new material.

Also some of my fave MikeP stuff is from that era so I'm pretty excited. That Bass Bins track is one of my favorite from all of the soundcloud stuff. 

ZIQ300 was Somerset Avenue Tracks (1992-1995) 

either way no complaints here though  :music:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ah yeah, I guess that's right too! 

Somerset is such a great release too. I'm going to be revisiting most of his back catalogue until release date I think.

yeah Somerset is actually my favorite release of his. "Vinxel" is probably my favorite µ-Ziq song of all time. I need a repress of the wax so I can buy 2 and motorboat one of them while the other plays in the background

Yeah, Summerset is fantastic. But i do always wonder why " Preero" is not on the vinyl. I think this is one of the best mu tracks ever!

Perfect for the 1st track on the D-side...:/

I am so very exited about this!

Does anybody know if the order of track on the album was also set up in 99" and if it was a release that was abandonded for some reason?

Or is it a selection of 99" tracks selected for this album in the present day?

i am beginning a herculean task. in honor of this new release i will be listening to every official mike p release, pseudonyms and all. in mostly chronological order. and making a playlist of the best ones. wish me luck friends

Somerset is such a great release too. I'm going to be revisiting most of his back catalogue until release date I think.

yeah Somerset is actually my favorite release of his. "Vinxel" is probably my favorite µ-Ziq song of all time. I need a repress of the wax so I can buy 2 and motorboat one of them while the other plays in the background

vinxel is so insanely good im confused why it was never included in anything?

vinxel is so insanely good im confused why it was never included in anything?

mike p following the richy philosophy of only releasing your scraps

Re: Somerset Avenue Tracks - Big, big fan of "Trail Quest" over here.

Someone mentioned Vinxel and it made me revisit. I would like to report that I am thoroughly pleased with this track, and am embarrassed for just now becoming enlightened. I never really let it sink in before. 

Dammit I love me some Paradinas. 

Re: Somerset Avenue Tracks - Big, big fan of "Trail Quest" over here.

Someone mentioned Vinxel and it made me revisit. I would like to report that I am thoroughly pleased with this track, and am embarrassed for just now becoming enlightened. I never really let it sink in before.

Dammit I love me some Paradinas.

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

I love everything about Vinxel so much. The deep verbs, the flawless layering of timbres, the meticulous percussion and FX... that track could be an hour long and I wouldn’t get bored

He could no doubt come up with many unreleased albums worth of quality material, he did a spring selection private playlist on Soundcloud a year ago or more, of 12 modern tracks that could easily be fully released and be one of his best albums IMO. I also agree that the Sumerset Avenue comp is full of quality tunes that has only grown on me.

I appreciate him unleashing the archives but would also love to hear more of his modern tracks fully released as I think he has only got more consistent over time, judging on the little he has released more recently.

i am beginning a herculean task. in honor of this new release i will be listening to every official mike p release, pseudonyms and all. in mostly chronological order. and making a playlist of the best ones. wish me luck friends

it's going really well folks. mike is one of those artists with such a distinctive style that spending a while in his world enriches all the tracks.

it's going really well folks. mike is one of those artists with such a distinctive style that spending a while in his world enriches all the tracks.

I should really do this

Archived