IGNORED

black moth super rainbow - panic blooms

juiceciuj

Looking forward to this.

Far as "3-sided", it's two LPs with the second side of the second LP silkscreened.

...but have seen some lathed pieces that have gone up to "six-sides" - pretty unique fair.

http://piaptk.limitedrun.com/products/551643-flaming-lips-good-vibrations-4-sided-8-other-multi-sided-records

The first single is lovely. I'm excited for more BMSR pop tunes! It's cool how much his 2 personas have split off into their own sound.

I just preordered my double cassette copy. TOBACCO says that's the best way to experience his music, and i totally agree. Felt weird spending just a few dollars less than the LP version on the tapes though. 

I was just looking at his bandcamp and realized that the cassette version says "tape 2 contains ? :)"

I was wondering why the hell this album would have to be a double cassette. I assume it will either be unreleased music or prank phone calls. Perhaps it's the uncut versions of the Seefu Lilac tracks?

• 4 weeks later...

I was just looking at his bandcamp and realized that the cassette version says "tape 2 contains ? :)"

I was wondering why the hell this album would have to be a double cassette. I assume it will either be unreleased music or prank phone calls. Perhaps it's the uncut versions of the Seefu Lilac tracks?

sounds intriguing, weird and unreleased stuff sounds likely, I'm sure that project is involves a plethora of such material

• 4 weeks later...

Cobra Juicy was the perfection of BMSR’s current sound, ready for them to evolve their sound palette a bit.

i thought Cobra Juicy was a big change for BMSR, so i don't mind getting another album of the type

I find the song "Backwash" and the video both very beautiful and moving. I'm really excited to get my hands on this record.

Yeah I like this new sound, less spazzy beat driven, slower tempo. Sounds like Tobacco's more recent production but with the slower emotional vibe of some early BMSR.

• 2 weeks later...

from the first few listens, it sounds less structured than other bmsr albums, I'll have to listen more to get to know the album.

favorite tracks so far are sunset curses, mr no one, backwash, and the last track on the bonus cassette. that track sounds like it could be from a movie score of some outer space documentary or something

I received my cassettes a couple days ago and am very pleased with this record. It's beautiful and emotional, i love the more minimal vibe. I would describe the presentation as a more refined version of his early work. I'm glad it doesn't have the jerky qualities of Seefu Lilac.

the pre-release tracks made me think this would be more like Cobra Juicy, but it's somewhere between that, old BMSR and recent Tobacco. it's a solid release but not his finest. only gave it 2 listens so far, though. it may be a grower.

the pre-release tracks made me think this would be more like Cobra Juicy, but it's somewhere between that, old BMSR and recent Tobacco. it's a solid release but not his finest. only gave it 2 listens so far, though. it may be a grower.

I really dig the "couple notches down" sound of the album - traded the abrasive beats and spazzy grooves for more reflective and emotional tracks. My complaint it's a bit lacking, some great tracks and some 'sketches' as songs. 

Really curious to hear the cassette. 

I would describe the presentation as a more refined version of his early work. 

apt description

Archived