Sign in to follow this  
kirm

Robert Rich - The Biode

Got big into this guy in the last year or so.. Might be a bit new-agey for some here but sure there must be some other fans about as his music is lush as fuck! and this new one is a beaut..

https://robertrich.bandcamp.com/album/the-biode

Surrealist electronic journey through the microbiome. Exploding neurons reassemble to build a metamind. If an anthill could talk, what would it say? What would music sound like if we collaborated with fungi? We are not alone in this fractal universe.

Been a fan since the late eighties Rainforest was the first album I bough from him on the Hearts Of Space label. Ah, the old days.

Bought it without even previewing it as soon as he put it on bandcamp. Great album! Awesome cover art too

:music:

enjoyable album! any other recommendations from his discography?

enjoyable album! any other recommendations from his discography?

Get his collaboration with Lustmord - Stalker

Yeah Stalker is the one that got me into him.. his collabs with Steve Roach are awesome as well.

Solo wise my Favourites by him are Propagation and on a more full on ambient tip Echo of Small things.. though I've still not checked out his full discog its pretty long and varied so be interested to hear other peoples tips

I listen to his album Perpetual for sleeping often. It's designed to play all night.

I listen to his album Perpetual for sleeping often. It's designed to play all night.

Oh shit, this is exactly what I need right now. Just got the bluray.

Trances & Drones disc 2. I listen to this almost every morning on the train to work. great way to slowly ease into the day.

Yeah Stalker is the one that got me into him.. his collabs with Steve Roach are awesome as well.

Solo wise my Favourites by him are Propagation and on a more full on ambient tip Echo of Small things.. though I've still not checked out his full discog its pretty long and varied so be interested to hear other peoples tips

There was also an excellentl limited edition EP back in the 90s called 'The Night Sky Replies.' 

https://www.discogs.com/Robert-Rich-Night-Sky-Replies/release/100604

Oh shit, this is exactly what I need right now. Just got the bluray.

Rad, I love that album. I hope it brings you many journeys 

I was going to make a thread about this!

Great album. My favourites of his are still 'Bestiary' and the 'Stalker' collaboration.