IGNORED

Hush Hush Noise (s/t) [2/26/18]

Zephyr_Nova

The debut album from my experimental pop band has finally been released.

https://hushhushnoise.bandcamp.com/

It started off as a client (singer/songwriter Lily Fawn) coming to my studio wanting to create electronic reworkings of her songs so she could perform them live without a backing band.  I got so excited about how the first song was turning out that I asked her if she wanted to make it a full time collaborative project.  That lead to us preparing an entire Twin Peaks cover set for a theme show the next month (as Songs from the Black Lodge), as well as the dozen originals on this release.  Hope you like it!

(The first song which spawned the whole project was "Animals".  That was soon followed by "Friday Morning Hymn" which was originally a Zephyr Nova remix of her song.)

a3963462492_16.jpg

1. Congratz

2. On first listen this sounds really good

3. ?????

4. Profit!

This album is the real deal, world weary lyrics, sardonic yet hopeful, beautiful & considered textures... It needs to reach more ears! I mean, fucking listen to this...

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=2589834608 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small track=490273994]

urwgosjrgho35y89uj-0ji

Thanks Goiter!

Any resemblance to late 90s Indie feels, living or dead, are merely coincidental.  The only influence I was consciously aware of was Skinny Puppy (for some production ideas and mixing approach), though the organ/percussion combo on Beautiful Lonely always makes me think of Suicide's first album.

• 8 months later...

Archived