IGNORED

Astrid Sonne - Human Lines

auxien

Pretty cool tracks. Bit on the minimal side and definitely experimental/ambient but has a lot of small flavors of other things, but ultimately ounds pretty unique honestly.

Found out via a write up on FACT here, she plays viola as part of this somehow?

“I just locked myself in a rehearsal room and played a lot of viola,” she says. “Then I bought a lot of pedals and tried out a few things out before I found my way to the computer and started producing. It was the best way to execute the ideas that I had.”

Out for vinyl and iTunes, but that's really it apparently. Stupid...the label doesn't even sell the digitals. not up anywhere else I've found, if anyone finds somewhere I can purchase the digitals other than iTunes, please post.

https://www.escho.net/shop/astrid-sonne-human-lines

Can listen on Spotify at least

https://open.spotify.com/album/1CnHPA4K4Nue7yGhG0Ckez?si=S2TJ2AmeRL2jJ7vn1m1mHg

• 2 months later...

^not a bad track

I listened to the album again on Spotify yesterday and it's still not available to buy anywhere except iTunes (don't use anymore) or Amazon so I guess fuck it, I'll never hear it in high quality? It's good music though. Reminds me a lot of the ambient pieces from Quaristice or something? Not as deep but overall has that feel. Good music no matter.

oh good reminder bump. I bought this on LP on the strength of your enthusiasm in this thread, hadn't even heard it (I was working nights and it was payday).

The LP Probably Maybe came with a download code. Pretty bizarre to not sell it digitally anywhere except itunes.

It's a lovely album btw, sounds like some lost OPN mini album or something

Glad the buy worked out, it is really good. Interesting with the OPN comparison, would've never quite thought that but I can maybe see it? Definitely strange for the label to not sell it digitally (not even via Bleep or whatever, very odd). Thanks in advance my good sir!

Not sure why no one else is into this. Maybe too minimal?

Archived