IGNORED

The Future Sound of London - My Kingdom Re-imagined 12" [RSD 2018]

i wouldn't assume "re-imagine" to be "remixes". could be anything drawing from the same theme. if that's what a remix is in your eyes, than you'd probably consider it a bunch of remixes.

also, CLIPS PLEASE!!! :D

Originally reached no.13 in the UK charts in 1996 - taken from the top 30 album DEAD CITIES loosely based on "Rachael's song" from BLADERUNNER by vangelis now 22 years later the group have recreated the track in 8 new compositions seamlessly flowing together the journey travels from ambient rock to a land of electronica.

I'd imagine the Papua New Guinea Translations comparison is a good one, it's a whole new longform work loosely based on the original track. 

The RSD release is the vinyl version, much like A:E:V last year, a wider scale release should follow later in the year on CD and digital.

Originally reached no.13 in the UK charts in 1996 - taken from the top 30 album DEAD CITIES loosely based on "Rachael's song" from BLADERUNNER by vangelis now 22 years later the group have recreated the track in 8 new compositions seamlessly flowing together the journey travels from ambient rock to a land of electronica.

I'd imagine the Papua New Guinea Translations comparison is a good one, it's a whole new longform work loosely based on the original track.

The RSD release is the vinyl version, much like A:E:V last year, a wider scale release should follow later in the year on CD and digital.

That sounds promising, fingers crossed it will appear on the fsoldigital site too.

Side A

My Kingdom - Path 7

Transient Empires

Collapsed Structures

Sound Shadow

Side B

My Kingdom - Path 8

Implanted Memories

My Kingdom - Path 9

Populate

The paths are basically new versions of the track, the other pieces have their roots in the track but take it into almost unrecognisable directions. 

FSOLDigital will have limited stocks of the vinyl after RSD, with CD and digital to follow later in the year. Like last year's A:E:V, the CD will have a different tracklist.

• 5 weeks later...

Two extra tracks on the CD, due 24th May

1. My Kingdom - Path 7
2. Transient Empires
3. Collapsed Structures
4. Sound Shadow
5. My Kingdom - Path 8
6. Implanted Memores
7. My Kingdom - Path 9
8. Populate
9. Water Garden
10. Old Empire

Two extra tracks on the CD, due 24th May

1. My Kingdom - Path 7

2. Transient Empires

3. Collapsed Structures

4. Sound Shadow

5. My Kingdom - Path 8

6. Implanted Memores

7. My Kingdom - Path 9

8. Populate

9. Water Garden

10. Old Empire

Can’t wait!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The original release was Parts 1-5  this new one starts with Path 7...  is there a part 6/Path6 floating around somewhere that we don't know about?

Yeah we've been talking 'bout that on my FSOL board. Nothing confirmed as yet but:

http://www.ilovecubus.co.uk/fsolboard/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1026&start=105#p16234

"Path 6 has been discussed and various options were suggested: album version, ISDN Show live version, The Empty Land, the edit on Teachings From the Electronic Brain."

Album version is NOT Part 6 - confirmed by The Man.

What/where is part 6 - remains to be seen...

• Rubin Farr changed the title to The Future Sound of London - My Kingdom Re-imagined 12" [RSD 2018]

Archived