IGNORED

Surgeon - Luminosity Device

auxien

New Surgeon album coming soon. I've liked lots I've heard from him but struggled to find an album I could really dig in on. The new track is sounding pretty good, if a little less out there than expected...could just be a tamer cut given it's the lead single basically. It's a good track though. Not sure how many are into Surgeon here but think there's some so, yeah.

The nine-track album, which will hit the shelves on May 25th, is due out on Anthony Child's own Dynamic Tension label in double vinyl and digital formats. Thanks to its vision of a continuous flow between states of life and death, Bardo Thödol has been a common point of reference for Western artists throughout the 20th century.

https://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=41253

love surgeon but damm the cover is extremly bad like 8 year old played with photoshop inspired by typical mainstream cover of singer/songwriter 

havent heard the track so far

Surgeon is an incredible DJ, saw him in Dublin 3 months ago and it was powerful. He threw a few Aphex tracks in with loads of killer techno.

His own tracks haven't really grabbed me that much since the early Downwards releases which are all great. Badger Bite especially.

Listening to this "Primary Clear Light" track and nice production but it's bit boring. boo!

Agreed, the cover is poor.

i went back to breaking the frame recently. some awesome stuff in there. 

Don't think I've checked that one out! Will see if it's on Spotify :)

love surgeon but damm the cover is extremly bad like 8 year old played with photoshop inspired by typical mainstream cover of singer/songwriter 

havent heard the track so far

lol u right tho. It's his own label so he definitely had final say on the album imagery (if he didn't even do it himself) so we can definitely blame him.

Surgeon is an incredible DJ, saw him in Dublin 3 months ago and it was powerful. He threw a few Aphex tracks in with loads of killer techno.

His own tracks haven't really grabbed me that much since the early Downwards releases which are all great. Badger Bite especially.

Listening to this "Primary Clear Light" track and nice production but it's bit boring. boo!

Agreed, the cover is poor.

Think I've heard some of that much earlier stuff, but definitely not everything, will go digging for the Badger ;)

I like his jungle synth albums.

I liked his wife's resident advisor mix (dj bus replacement service)

His dj sets are indeed killer, I particularly remember one bangface weekends where he played after altern8 and before current value. Savage

hes definitely more than that 

but your posts are just foul & pathetic, who gives a fuck about covers lol

are fking nuts? The art & cover is as important as the music itself. It shows the connection between the music and the idea behind it and makes you even more get into it, just think of the draft 7.30 cover  or the prepared piano on drukqs and so on.... its very important man !

awesome news love Surgeon! (agree the cover sucks but don't really care if the music is good!)

And the Maui Jungle albums were amazing, actually preferred them to any of the Surgeon albums tbh. 

hard to tell what the full album would be like from one preview..... going back to one of his earlier efforts (Breaking The Frame)

a 4x4 banger

^^ say that was in that case the preview for the album

followed by a lot of tracks more like this

or

a far more adventure driven sound design textural romp than just straight up dance floor fodder.... makes for very interesting mixing

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wasn't feeling this that much on 1st listen but after a 2nd listen I'm sold!

On the face of it seems like pretty straight up techno but there are some really subtle interesting bits going on with them light trancey tones

• 3 months later...

New Surgeon album coming soon. I've liked lots I've heard from him but struggled to find an album I could really dig in on. The new track is sounding pretty good, if a little less out there than expected...could just be a tamer cut given it's the lead single basically. It's a good track though. Not sure how many are into Surgeon here but think there's some so, yeah.

The nine-track album, which will hit the shelves on May 25th, is due out on Anthony Child's own Dynamic Tension label in double vinyl and digital formats. Thanks to its vision of a continuous flow between states of life and death, Bardo Thödol has been a common point of reference for Western artists throughout the 20th century.

https://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=41253

his set @ Freerotation a few years ago was a behemoth, def worth a swim in when you've got time enough to indulge (+ tracklist):

Lars Von Trier - Intro from Europa

Henry Wolff & Nancy Hennings - Crossing the Line - Tibetan Bells III

Delia Derbyshire - Running - Inventions For Radio - Dreams

Compound Eye - Hydraulic Regime Vibrates Within - Journey from Anywhere

Coil - Copal - Moon's Milk (In Four Phases)

Cosey Fanni Tutti - Such Is Life - Time To Tell

Coil - Die Wölfe Kommen Zurück - Black Light District

William S. Burroughs - The Cat Inside: Excerpts - The Best Of William Burroughs

Jo Johnson - Words Came After Music - Weaving

Coil - Bism - Worship The Glitch

Delia Derbyshire - Colour - Inventions For Radio - Dreams

Long Distance Poison - Signal I (Drew McDowall Remix) - Gleise Translations

Coil - Caged Birds - Worship The Glitch

Coil - Magnetic North - Winter Solstice

Aphex Twin - Rhubarb - Selected Ambient Works, Volume II

Coil - We Have Always Been Here - Worship The Glitch

Jo Johnson - Long Shadow (Anthony Child remix)

Rapoon - We Danced Like Sticks - The Kirghiz Light

Alessandro Cortini - Resta - Forse 1

Delia Derbyshire - Falling - Inventions For Radio - Dreams

Compound Eye - Open Interval 1 - Journey from Anywhere

Rapoon - Dala - The Kirghiz Light

Coil - Ended - Worship The Glitch

Have yet to check this out but I'm a big fan of his DJ sets and I rate his classic albums on Tresor (there was a nice box set of three very nicely remastered), though admittedly I have not heard his more recent full-lengths.

Archived