IGNORED

Digitone

modey

My Digitone glitched once, but I updated the firmware and it hasn't happened since. I got it in February so it was probably one of the original models.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

So I've been putting together a live set on the Digitone and played a small open mic type event. I'm on at about 16:50. It's kind of Underworld-ish, very melodic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojPSZAPDWZk

Working towards playing an hour and currently a little over halfway there. Just making some loops here and there.

Nice modey

I feel like I would enjoy digitone a lot more if it had a sound slot mode, like how octatrack has sample slot mode

Cant stand the idea of sound locking each step to get kick hh and snare on the same track. Sounds like you were using sound locks for drums.

I pretty much always play my drums live.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Used to own a Digitone, really fun little synth, and I got a hankering it will pave the way for more user friendly FM synths in the future. Before I sold mine, I sampled all the drum presets, used on this live jam. 

thx guys! Haven't heard any Arovane beyond uh.. Tides? Oh wait maybe Ve Palor. Really need to get on it!

Howd you compare it to mnm?

It's very different. The polyphonic architecture makes it possible to get some interesting structures going that aren't possible on the monomachine. The MnM's effects are more intense/extreme in comparison to the DN.. though the DN's overdrive can get pretty heavy.

The MnM's strength is shaping raw, basic waveforms, while the DN is best at making an interesting sound just using the FM operators, and then exploiting the LFOs and filters.. imo :D

yeah can't wait to give it a try. That said though, I don't know if I'll even use multitracking, let alone the DAW total recall stuff.. I'm happy with the stereo output, especially with the master overdrive, but I guess mixing the original tracks back in might have some nice effects.

That video sounds good. I messed around with one in switched on yesterday and was kind of just meh about it

I still hate the sound lock functionality. The idea of selecting a sound per step is so unintuitive to my brain. Much prefer the OTs sample slot function.

46 minutes of meditative ambience recorded in the front garden of my house. Bonus dog footage!

This is actually one of my top favourite releases for 2018! So nice and just the right tones are played and it has a really great flow to it all. (I bought it at bandcamp, didn't know there was a video too) Well done!

This is actually one of my top favourite releases for 2018! So nice and just the right tones are played and it has a really great flow to it all. (I bought it at bandcamp, didn't know there was a video too) Well done!

Ah, thanks so much!

The garden has changed a bit since then; once this Melbourne heatwave is over I'll make a new video.

I've been playing with the digitone exclusively for the last few weeks... here's a recording from last night:

https://soundcloud.com/user-507726405/track-7?fbclid=IwAR3QvcIRcdnkv5NfTa_gbCWGbdpjX-sgzr7_VojL3OamPkHVG-xRoi3PJVo

fkn sick, great sounds!

• 1 month later...

Genuine curiosity, how do Mark Fell's presets sound ? Are they insightful / useful in any way ?

By the way, is Overbridge for the Digitone now available ? I'm still seriously considering buying one, and OT'd be the most flexible way for me to control it with TidalCycles.

Archived