IGNORED

Digitone

modey

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just saw that Digitone keyboard thing and finally understood all the jokes shared on the Synth Memes FB group lately haha

(like this one)

image.png.5242478f06dd9e111961c556f11dc215.png

On 5/13/2019 at 12:07 AM, bitchroast said:

it's intended to be played by 3-4 people. 

Yeah just put it on a very large desk and call it a Kraftwerk gig :emotawesomepm9:

• 1 month later...

The recent firmware updates have been essential – this thread is a good read for anyone who wants to dig into how the ratio offsets open things up.  Getting some crispy tones from the wavefolding trick a few scrolls down.

On 1/13/2019 at 11:03 AM, modey said:

Really starting to get deep with sound design..

listening this again... such a beautiful track! like a lost ae track somewhere undrwart

still thinking should i buy DN or AH. i know, two completely different things! but i have mduw, mnm and otmk2, and tons of vsti synths.... for some reason all of that makes it harder for me ?

• 2 weeks later...

... and there it is.

Hopefully I'll soon succeed to dial the sorts of FM sounds I've been playing with for the last few months. Would bea nice way to get to understand the DN.

IMG_1712.jpg

Thanks ! modey, still planning to release your presets packs ? Would love to take a peek at how you program it.

I bought the DN based on its sonic, now I'm trying to warp my head around its workflow and architecture. I'm so used to u-he Bazille's modular nature whenever it comes to FM/PD synthesis that I have some things to yet figure out ?

5 minutes ago, Nil said:
Nice box ?

that's what he said. :dadjoke:

sounds like some good sounds tho, interesting to me to hear how quickly this machine switches vibes within the span of a second, i'm assuming one knob turn. that's possible on plenty of machines for particular portions of sound-crafting of course, but it seems to be the default of this one.

Agreed 100%. Most of it is me switching from an algorithm to another, tweaking enveloppes and ratios. Plain innocent fun, so much more immediate than the Analog 4 mk1 I had a while ago.

On 7/19/2019 at 6:31 PM, Nil said:

modey, still planning to release your presets packs ? Would love to take a peek at how you program it.

Yeah, still working on it! I've got some other synth sound design to do (including some actual paid work!) which is taking priority a little, but I'm hoping to get it finished in the next few weeks. 

1 hour ago, Nil said:

Digitone via Overbridge x TidalCycles x M4L audio rate modulations = this

IMG_1687.jpeg

I see AE in the 3rd row! Try to decipher it... Maybe it’s a date of the next ae release!

• 1 month later...

Archived