IGNORED

If you ever have children, would you let them use watmm?

YangYing

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's fine guys. Papa's handing me the keys next week.

Korg background pls

Also please make the forum play whatever songs u (as in yoU, hello spiral, not the user) choose at all times with no way to mute when browsing. :)

It's fine guys. Papa's handing me the keys next week.

Korg background pls

Also please make the forum play whatever songs u (as in yoU, hello spiral, not the user) choose at all times with no way to mute when browsing. :)

Yeah I've been brainstorming on the back of this beer box

75lIdYv.jpg

I'd pay an extra dollar a year for Ragnar to have his own (non-EKT) forum that no one else can post in, but we all can view. Also he can't post anywhere else, ever. :emotawesomepm9:

Noise Camp sounds fun. Should take the idea and make a summer-camp-themed collective group of noise artists who release under that name.

I like this. Workshop with your people and I'll help by checking if Angelfire/Geocities/AOL/etc are still hosting forums. Let's all report back here tomorrow, same bat time, same bat channel.

so autistically WATMM to have the site owner himself come out and basically put an expiry date on the forum. that's how you build a community.

it should've become a general music forum by now. it kind of is one informally already, most of the discussion on here is not about IDM, which like most trailblazing innovative new genres had its flash of brilliance and then necessarily ended/evolved forward.

I'd hop to a general music forum in a heartbeat if it had some of WATMM's culture, leaving out the autism.

edit: omfg I just looked at my post count. its_time_to_stop.flv

so autistically WATMM to have the site owner himself come out and basically put an expiry date on the forum. that's how you build a community.

it should've become a general music forum by now. it kind of is one informally already, most of the discussion on here is not about IDM, which like most trailblazing innovative new genres had its flash of brilliance and then necessarily ended/evolved forward.

I'd hop to a general music forum in a heartbeat if it had some of WATMM's culture, leaving out the autism.

edit: omfg I just looked at my post count. its_time_to_stop.flv

nothing will ever b like watmm man, so much culture and beauty in those genban archives

Neither use/participate in social media.

Not the social media *you* know about anyway grandad

No, really - beyond Discord chat for gaming, neither one use *any* social media. They know what an utter waste of time it is. Hell, they laugh at me for using Twitter!

Would it ultimately depend on how active the Featured Artists are over the next decade?

(We're all gettin' old. Sheeyit.)

Exactly - I honestly wonder when (if ever) Richard will hang up his hat, fully expecting BOC to come roaring back once their kids are old enough, Sean and Rob will probably be releasing music that will take historians years afterwards to decipher, etc. I can see Tom transitioning over into classical bassist, doing small shows in intimate venues. Who knows though - look at all the musicians from the 80's still going despite their heyday being long over.

Out of all of them, I expect only Richard and Mike P to continue on with their music careers into their 60's. Maybe by then I can get joyrex.com back and start up an Aphex Twin fansite :dadjoke:

how hard is it to run a forum anyway? surely you just pay the hosting and get some bitchass mofos to moderate. 

flol the same thought crossed my mind

(but I know I'm supermassive wrong!)

Archived