IGNORED

Brian Eno - Music for Installations

fumi

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The price for the Deluxe CD Edition seems to have been plucked out of thin air. It costs over £300 for a 64 page plexiglass book and a cardboard box to put it in? Because that seems to be the only difference over the standard edition.

Fuck off.

SWpQMX5B_o.png

the price for the standard cd box is not high imo

I dunno, in comparison the Schulze/Namlook Dark Side of the Moog sets were 5CD boxes that retail for about £25. I know there's a book with this too, but it's still a bit steep. 

I'm sure it'll come down over time, anyway, these things always do.

the price for the standard cd box is not high imo

I dunno, in comparison the Schulze/Namlook Dark Side of the Moog sets were 5CD boxes that retail for about £25. I know there's a book with this too, but it's still a bit steep. 

I'm sure it'll come down over time, anyway, these things always do.

Ah, those Namlook DSOTM boxes. What an incredible series.

Back to Eno, my issue is that the deluxe box has a perspex 64 page book whereas the standard edition still has a book but not perspex. Other than that, there's no difference.

It's not like the £365 edition has other discs or more goodies.

How does that justify £300+ ? I just cannot fathom it.

For that kind of dough, I'd expect him to cart his equipment round to my crib and play a set list of my choice. Plus a set of Oblique Strategies, hand-crafted with gilt edges.

# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

def eno_box_set(deluxe, standard):
return deluxe - standard

ripped_off = eno_box_set(375.99, 57.99)

print "This perspex book will cost you £{0:.2f}".format (ripped_off)

Is no one seeing this? His FB links directly to it. $35.98 USD from Amazon. One world, one government, one company.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07BF854N4/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1520989865&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=eno+music+for+installation&dpPl=1&dpID=51VhutVdcRL&ref=plSrch

Is no one seeing this? His FB links directly to it. $35.98 USD from Amazon. One world, one government, one company.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07BF854N4/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1520989865&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=eno+music+for+installation&dpPl=1&dpID=51VhutVdcRL&ref=plSrch

Says its $87.78 clicking that link here

HA! Well Amazon fucked up, and then finally fixed it cause I preorded for $35. Receipt and all. Knew I needed to get that order in quick. They’re Amazon, they can take a loss.

This release is all well-timed to coincide with his talk this month at the British Museum. (Sold Out).

These days, (last five years ) his ideas have been a lot more interesting than the music. I think I'd rather go to and hear him talk than listen to these CDs.

He did the John Peel lecture a few years ago, it wasn't really my cup of tea. But music for me is all about imaginative escapism not academia and he's the ultimate music professor!! 

A great man  :cool: 

HA! Well Amazon fucked up, and then finally fixed it cause I preorded for $35. Receipt and all. Knew I needed to get that order in quick. They’re Amazon, they can take a loss.

Dammit! That was the Right Price™ and I missed it…

• 3 weeks later...

This seems ludicrously expensive now given that Ae are doing an 8CD/12LP set of previously unreleased music for cheaper than this smaller reissue box.

It's obscene. You basically get charged £300 for a book with a perspex cover (versus the same book with a just a standard cover.)

No extras. Nothing. Utter rip-off.

Plus he's been saying that it's the first time the installation music has ever been released. It's not. I don't know if he's forgotten or just an out-right lie. 65% of the material had been on CD for more than a decade.

olcIM7Zw_400x400.jpg

"But what is price other than a concept of who has the yacht and who does not"

Lol. Nice one. 1974? He look quite the artist. 

Archived