IGNORED

Snack Master music feedback thread

snack master

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/9/2019 at 1:36 AM, snack master said:

pretty straightforward dnb track here.  i've been working on taking my drum work to the next level while also trying to avoid compositional habits i sometimes fall into, and this is one of the first tracks to come out of it.  i hope y'all enjoy

Hardly straight forward dnb lol. Really feeling this one. Very nice cut ups. Kept me focused through out. Nice one.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 1:16 AM, snack master said:

although i wouldn't say this is done, i was eager to get it online, so this is kind of a rough sketch of what will come in the end.  it's a kind of an exploration of some melodies on top of break beats with some acid elements throughout.  ?

Very musical!! Only criticism would be that as others have mentioned the beats themselves seem to lack a bit punch / bottom end. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

cool! a great acid line comes in at 3.08, sounds like a modulating FM sound or something... aphexy. what box is that coming out of, is it the DSI Evolver? and how are you modulating it?

that kind of hard-modulating afx acid sound is difficult to reproduce, i've been trying for a while. you are pretty close there.

good sounds, there is too much on-the-one changes (like on the first beat of the bar) which makes it too predictable in places, so just bringing in some synthlines or basslines on off beats or a beat or two early or late would make it sound even better i think.

• Like 1

a great acid line comes in at 3.08, sounds like a modulating FM sound or something... aphexy. what box is that coming out of, is it the DSI Evolver? and how are you modulating it?

yeah, that's the evolver.  the evolver has four oscillators, two analog, two digital.  this patch is pretty simple--a single oscillator, high resonance, a bit of filter envelope action, but most of the sound comes from the digital waveform (which was apparently sampled from the prophet VS).

thanks for the feedback regarding introducing elements on the one beat, that's a bit of interesting feedback.

Edited by snack master
burger?

6 hours ago, snack master said:

yeah, that's the evolver.  the evolver has four oscillators, two analog, two digital.  this patch is pretty simple--a single oscillator, high resonance, a bit of filter envelope action, but most of the sound comes from the digital waveform (which was apparently sampled from the prophet VS).

thanks for the feedback regarding introducing elements on the one beat, that's a bit of interesting feedback.

cool thanks for the info, sounds like a really interesting synth. no worries! look forward to hearing more

I'm not a drum n bass fan, but I liked the drums, choir, and where everything drops and the song goes mad, it was really great, I think you have a unique style, don't lose this, other than that chords could be more on the foreground.

Edited by AroMor

Hey, I like Inside a lot the kicks are catchy, I would like to hear them more amplified though because when the melody gets in they are standing in the background, and only in the ending I felt a little bit confused with the sounds, in outro I didn't know what to listen, I like the intro though it really picks you up and make you want to listen the rest of the song.

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to suggest getting away from the Rhodes Piano samples, but then the poppy arp came in and I was a fan.  The wormy synths underneath are there and fill nicely, but are not in line with the chords on the electric piano, so I would revisit.  I bet it could sound better.  I sounds fine as is, but could be better I think. Or it might make it worse, who knows!  lol.  Music is toiugh and that the art, am I right?!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...