IGNORED

Snack Master music feedback thread

snack master

On 5/12/2020 at 11:49 AM, snack master said:

This is super cool. Almost sounds like Sd Laika. Whats did you do with the kicks? They sound very rumbly. super interesting stuff.

20 hours ago, KingBo0 said:

This is super cool. Almost sounds like Sd Laika. Whats did you do with the kicks? They sound very rumbly. super interesting stuff.

hey, thanks!  i'm pretty sure that i achieved that sound by hitting the kicks pretty aggressively with ableton's amp simulator and then finishing it off with a gate to trim off the rumbly tail.

2 hours ago, snack master said:

hey, thanks!  i'm pretty sure that i achieved that sound by hitting the kicks pretty aggressively with ableton's amp simulator and then finishing it off with a gate to trim off the rumbly tail.

Woah. Cool as hell.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

pretty effin tight man. Love the line that comes in around 1:35 w/ the building drums and bass. Transition around 2:35 is heavenly. The drop in around 3:20 is a nice bridge to some excellent drumwork in the latter half. Nice to hear some uplifting sounds in a time of such dark haziness. 

• Like 1

Love the bit around 2:47 where this turns into the audio equivalent of a cronenburg movie. OK, that's a bit overstating it, but it was an unexpected left turn into something ...darker than I was expecting. 

I've mixed feelings about the ending. I kind of want this to trail off into something ethereal but it kind of does the opposite. It makes me uncomfortable, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. 

Overall, aces. Like that even slower stuff like this of yours sounds as good as the more hectic tunes. 

• Like 1

Solid track through and through.  The drum loop are really well cut up, and the DSP is really nice.  That being said, I'd be interested to hear an ambient/minimal version with those background bells as well.  They have a really nice hovering quality to them.  

Edited by BaggerMcGuirk
  • Like 1

Man, really love the synths/rising action that hits around 2 minutes into this piece, moving through the section where the beat drops out. Also like that the end here is beatless, and strips things down to the base melody. I had a visceral, emotional reaction to this. It truly moved me. 

I could see adding something to the end of this like you're thinking, maybe some sort of chime/mallet sounds w/ a lush delay? However, could also see you pruning this a bit and shortening everything up a bit. As is, think it's great - again, it hit me in my heart, which (to me) is the most important thing. ? 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...