Snack Master music feedback thread

8 hours ago, snack master said:

another chill tune

that is indeed a chill tune. feeling quite relaxed listening to it.

nice mix, the bass drum is pleasing ?

• Like 1
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

just a little ambient jam with my emu mp7's internal synth engine

Man, really love the synths/rising action that hits around 2 minutes into this piece, moving through the section where the beat drops out. Also like that the end here is beatless, and strips things do

On 5/10/2020 at 6:47 PM, snack master said:

different kinda downtempo vibe

i really dig what's going on with the melodies/harmonies, reminds me of boc, that's always a good thing, but the beat doesn't please me that much, i would like something more acoustic, like a simple loop with some twitches here and there, but hey, that's just me...

6 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

i really dig what's going on with the melodies/harmonies, reminds me of boc, that's always a good thing, but the beat doesn't please me that much, i would like something more acoustic, like a simple loop with some twitches here and there, but hey, that's just me...

hah, that's interesting because i feel like i really like the beat but feel meh about the melody.  thanks for the feedback tho ?

• Like 1
On 5/12/2020 at 2:49 PM, snack master said:

this is pretty sick dude!

On 5/12/2020 at 11:49 AM, snack master said:

This is super cool. Almost sounds like Sd Laika. Whats did you do with the kicks? They sound very rumbly. super interesting stuff.

20 hours ago, KingBo0 said:

This is super cool. Almost sounds like Sd Laika. Whats did you do with the kicks? They sound very rumbly. super interesting stuff.

hey, thanks!  i'm pretty sure that i achieved that sound by hitting the kicks pretty aggressively with ableton's amp simulator and then finishing it off with a gate to trim off the rumbly tail.

2 hours ago, snack master said:

hey, thanks!  i'm pretty sure that i achieved that sound by hitting the kicks pretty aggressively with ableton's amp simulator and then finishing it off with a gate to trim off the rumbly tail.

Woah. Cool as hell.

i ended up resampling reaction for another track.  this one is likely still a draft

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2020 at 9:13 AM, snack master said:

more downtempo vibes:

Drums on this are hypnotic, feels like a long bike ride.

• Like 1

pretty effin tight man. Love the line that comes in around 1:35 w/ the building drums and bass. Transition around 2:35 is heavenly. The drop in around 3:20 is a nice bridge to some excellent drumwork in the latter half. Nice to hear some uplifting sounds in a time of such dark haziness. 

• Like 1

Can't recall the tune but it's very Tom Jenkinson... Big Loada and UT lambic vibes ... Would like these drums dusted up a bit

• Like 1