IGNORED

Snack Master music feedback thread

snack master

^^soundcloud ambient thing is nice! 

^the YT video has some really cool ideas in it, could definitely see that becoming a full song with more refinement like you mention. hope you do. melodies that come in with those percussive sounds and rhythms reminds me a lot of Phonem's stuff (in a good not derivative way, just the same sorta contrast)

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/23/2020 at 9:27 AM, snack master said:

happy with this one

This is all hardware based stuff right? It's got a very mid/late-90's "classic" IDM vibe to it, which I assume a hardware setup would lend itself well to. Very laid back, hazy, "Sunday afternoon" mood. IT sounds pretty good as it is, although I feel like this kind of sound could be pushed more, like either lean into the lazy, hazy vibe more (with even softer drums, loads of trippy delay and/or reverb) or alternatively, crank up the drums more and make them punch and harsh, and you'd get a bit of contrast happening. 

1 hour ago, springymajig said:

This is all hardware based stuff right? It's got a very mid/late-90's "classic" IDM vibe to it, which I assume a hardware setup would lend itself well to. Very laid back, hazy, "Sunday afternoon" mood. IT sounds pretty good as it is, although I feel like this kind of sound could be pushed more, like either lean into the lazy, hazy vibe more (with even softer drums, loads of trippy delay and/or reverb) or alternatively, crank up the drums more and make them punch and harsh, and you'd get a bit of contrast happening. 

hey, thanks for the feedback!  however, this was made entirely in ableton; most of the synth sounds came from operator.

3 hours ago, snack master said:

hey, thanks for the feedback!  however, this was made entirely in ableton; most of the synth sounds came from operator.

Ah fair enough, I just assumed based on what I saw glancing through the rest of this thread ?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, snack master said:

trying to push this kinda sound a bit further.  in the end i may start releasing this stuff under a different name

that's cool !

now listening to some of your tracks. so far, I do like the "acid beat2B2" and "3B"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2020 at 4:31 PM, snack master said:

decided to make that last ambient track into a video

I like it. Nice textures and sounds and I especially like that it sounds so full-bodied.
I was kinda hoping you'd introduce some sort of super simple melody just to keep my attention. Three notes would do it. Something as simple as that would make the track a whole lot more memorable because then I'd be able to hum along.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...