IGNORED

Snack Master music feedback thread

snack master

On 10/24/2021 at 11:47 PM, snack master said:

after mucking about on the v-synth for a bit, i recorded some bits and arranged them into a track:

DOPE. I particularly like the breakdown/lead-in that happens around the 2:00 minute mark -> that deep bass. Could see this as a soundtrack piece to some dystopian/Cyberpunk future flick. Aces!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sound design is all over the place what with the stereo drum hits and distortion and spectral (??) stuff, I like it though, that heavy organ sound and the overall groove makes it sound almost like some nu-jazz/fusion track. Bloops and twinkles near the end also fit with that.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 4/16/2023 at 11:37 AM, snack master said:

some kind of triumphant acid dnb track

I really like this one, good positive energy with the synths and the drums move it right along! I'd personally automate different aspects of at least the acid synth line a bit more, but what you have works. Nice job!

• Like 1

On 10/17/2023 at 7:06 PM, Summon Dot E X E said:

This sounds amazing. I can't imagine using a device like that - must take a lot of practice.

Thanks!!  It definitely took a while to understand the Octatrack, but I've been mucking about with grooveboxes and this kind of stuff for a while now.  Honestly, once I understood the system and the lingo, it quickly became loads of fun to play--much more than any other live setup I've worked with in the past.

It's funny how opaque the process for making electronic music can be from another musician's perspective.  In listening to your stuff, I'm very intrigued by the textures and sounds you're able to achieve, and while I have my own educated guesses on how you achieve your sounds, they're still just guesses!

• Like 1