IGNORED

GAS - Rausch

11ls

8235bb38-ea97-4545-87a7-0a6adcbdf028.pngGAS

NEW ALBUM 'RAUSCH' 

OUT MAY 18, 2018

ORDER NOW FROM KOMPAKT.FM

Wolfgang Voigt's GAS came out of a long slumber with the reissue of his seminal albums in the form of a luxurious 10LP+CD box set edition aptly entitled BOX. In 2017 he surprised the world by releasing a new album entitled NARKOPOP that was followed by a live tour that has taken him around the world including performances at The Barbican (London), Unsound (Krakow), Dekmantel Festival (Amsterdam) and Primavera Sound (Barcelona). 

On the eve of his long awaited North American tour, we announce the return of GAS with a new composition entitled RAUSCH to be released on 2LP, CD and digitally on May 18, 2018. RAUSCH will premiere live in Wolfgang Voigt's hometown Cologne at the Köln Philharmonie on May 9th to be followed by a global tour of the new project. 

RAUSCH is intended to be heard as a whole from beginning to end.
Watch the album trailer
597fc64c-ed2e-496d-9ad4-2736148bb2de.jpg
ArtistGAS

Title: Rausch

Format: 2xLP+DL / CD / DIGITAL

Cat. no.: KOM 386 / / CD 145

Order Link

https://kompakt.fm/releases/rausch_2xlp_dl

Tracklisting:

CD / Digital*:

01. Rausch 1 

02. Rausch 2 

03. Rausch 3 

04. Rausch 4 

05. Rausch 5 

06. Rausch 6 

07. Rausch 7

2LP* (incl. DL code):

A – Rausch A

B – Rausch B

C – Rausch C

D – Rausch D

*Please Note – all formats contain the full version of „Rausch“. The album is meant to be heard from beginning to end as a whole. It has been track marked or separated due to format restrictions.

044ed938-5723-43f4-bc54-55a4f64f1f75.jpg
Rausch with no name / My beautiful shine / You are the sun / This is where I want to be /

Rausch with no morning / This is where we burn / The Stars sparkle / In a sea of flames /

Horns and fanfares / Fanfares of joy / Fanfares of fear /

The wine we drink through the eyes / The moon pours down at night in waves /

Careful with that axe Eugene / Personal Jesus / No beginning no end /

Eighteenth of Oktember / The night falls / The king comes / The hunt starts /

Freude schöner Götterfunken / The long march through the underwood / Trust me there’s nothing /

Once upon a time there was a bandit / Who loved a prince / That was long ago /

Spring Summer Fall and Gas / There is a train heading to Nowhere /

Drums and Trumpets / Future without mankind / Warm snow / Alles ist gut /

The bells toll / You are not alone / The murmur in the forest / The murmur in the head /

Light as mist / Heavy as lead / Music happens / To flow like gas /

A clearing / Heavy baggage / Debut in the afterlife / Death has seven cats /

World heritage Rausch / Finally infinite

e5b0f45cc2713ae9e82bb219d0598a4b.png
GAS - LIVE

March 20    Elsewhere, Brooklyn, US  SOLD OUT 

March 23    Big Ears Festival, Knoxville, US

March 25    Sixth & I, Washington D.C., US 

March 26    Union Transfer, Philadelphia, US

March 27    Rialto Theatre, Montreal, CA

March 29    The Art Institute, Chicago, US  SOLD OUT 

April 6         Sonar Festival, Istanbul, TR

May 9         Philharmonie, Köln, DE

May 19       Strichka Festival, Kiev, UA

Samples on the Kompakt website sound great - preordered!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pssssh. Narkopop is transcendant. Rückverzauberung 9 & 10, as well as the live performance Astral Industries issued, have also been so good they are already highlights of his entire catalog.

I'm seeing him at the sold out Chicago show, with a very special friend from a certain Detroit record label, and I'm sure Rausch will continue to expand on the GAS & Rückverzauberung approach.

Pssssh. Narkopop is transcendant. Rückverzauberung 9 & 10, as well as the live performance Astral Industries issued, have also been so good they are already highlights of his entire catalog.

I'm seeing him at the sold out Chicago show, with a very special friend from a certain Detroit record label, and I'm sure Rausch will continue to expand on the GAS & Rückverzauberung approach.

I loved Narkopop but prefer the beat tracks more similar to the old ones (5,7, and 10) than the ones I would classify as sort of modern classical. 

Rausch sounds like its even more on the dense strings, drifting classical tip and the beats are more throw ins. Although Rausch 5 sample from Kompakt sounds fucking lovely.

• 1 month later...

Two listens and while it's not bad or anything I think it's certainly not on the same level as Narkopop... or any of the previous releases. Also I don't like the sound of the beats on the new one, maybe it'll grow on me.

Archived