IGNORED

Time to cut the crap.

Guest Family_Photo_Album

Yeah, that's what I thought.

I think a guy summed it up pretty well over on Twoism.

Well, all this has reaffirmed my general dislike of watmm. Way too many people on there that take pleasure in simply fucking people about. Sure, we've gotten used to the fakes but deliberately feeding us all a load of BS for weeks is plain shitty.

That said, I'm proud of everyone who made the trip. It wasn't blind devotion, but passion that got those people travelling from all over. That's what great music should inspire people to do.

The day when all I want to do is fuck with people's heads is the day that someone should take me outside and shoot me.

He's right. It's better to believe in something that turned out to be wrong than to have never believed at all.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dealer

Another New Yorker on WATMM, eh? Whereabouts?

Who's the other fool?

I'm in NYC, not sure if anyone was referring to me.

I saw someone make a joke about ringing BOC's family member... sorry, I haven't heard back. I guess it's hard to believe anything on here with all the piss-taking. if you search thru my old posts on twoism I explained it there a loooong time ago.

a.

Guest i.fucked.your.mother
Cool, Albany at the moment, moving to Brooklyn in a couple of months.

THIS THREAD DONE GOT HIJACKED!

Oh yes, I believe it did.

hijack.gif

Guest Shockerbrown

32 User(s) are browsing this forum (22 Guests and 2 Anonymous Users)

omg lol :laughing:

2 Anonymous Users - Must be Mike & Marcus. They're watching us whilst giggling, drinking pop and eating big family sized crisp packs.

EDIT: one of them left. I think I sussed them out.....

Guest Iain C
sociopath.

and the "laughing with, not at" statement is bull.

Come on man, it's the internet. It's an internet joke. The diagnosis-via-messageboard is a bit much :laughing:

So you were hoodwinked, laugh at yourselves (with yourselves?)

Awepittance did a much more severe hoax with the Autechre album the other year and people got over it.

Guest cosmonaut
but it still looks like it would've been great to be there with a load of boc heads.

honestly, i think this would be awful.

so i dont use this forum cos i dont really care that much about boc but did the family photo guy manage to fool a reasonable number of people into going to a 'secret meeting' with BoC

if so then i am more immpressed at than any other internet joke, its genius.

are the twoism blokes nutters?

Guest BunnyRabbit
For those who said " Ha I never believed anyway".

Well maybe you did , maybe you didn't.

But I bet you wanted to believe. Just a little bit.

As you may remember, I said you were full of shit at the time and I'm pleased to see I was right. :fee:

As for wanting to believe... I didn't really want to believe that BOC or their associates were posting such vague and unhelpful clues on WATMM.

So, I still win. :wink:

Guest Family_Photo_Album

As you may remember, I said you were full of shit at the time and I'm pleased to see I was right. :fee:

As for wanting to believe... I didn't really want to believe that BOC or their associates were posting such vague and unhelpful clues on WATMM.

You have posted 133 messages on WATMM. You were never a winner.

Guest Archrival

as the topic title says... cut the CRAP! there was a "Official" Red Moon Party (BOC was there too) at these cordinates

6814732O14800065 4084932044800065 4474832018021065

56 01.20810'N, 2 38.4744'W

56 00.08440'N, 2 39.4804'W

56 00.08410'N, 2 37.4186'W

Xerox claims he was there in the woods...

as promised here's my report: the three of us came through from glasgow at 8-ish, stopped at edinburgh for food, and then on out the A1. (for anyone who was struggling with the code thing, there was a triangle on the map if you put the backwards coordinates into google earth, you got a centre point over a forest beside a place called Whitekirk). we'd already been told anyway this is where to go so we thought the party was happening here, but when we got there we were wandering around, no sign of anyone, getting a bit fed up for a few minutes. then we were sneaked up on by a skinny bloke and a girl with a walkie talkie who gave us directions to a beach you can park by. we parked up the road and wandered up a lane through soem trees - this is where it got cool - the talking trees! there was gibberish coming from the trees, they'd rigged up a few of them with a little speaker so as you passed it you could hear a voice blethering, like re-arranged words. it was simple but funny. by tthe time we got there it was closing on 10.30 but still pretty light (but no red moon unfortunately). then past the trees we could hear where we were going, two bonfires up in front of us in a sort of basin off the beach in between the trees. the first thing we saw was a pair of projection screens lit up from behind. i completely understand how this was done so hush-hush because there is no way there was permission for it. it was small. i was kind of expecting a few hundred people but it was way less, likely about 60 people if that. but nonetheless it was a cool party - mostly just sitting about getting stoned or talking. there was a regular dj playing jerky instrumental stuff when we arrived. there was a fucking brilliant guy with an affro who did an amazing set on just a guitar with backing. he was playing tapes of backwards music (and i swear one of the backwards songs was 'Baker Street' :/ but he was soloing over it, jazz-style, and keeping it all together with the backwards version. does anyone know who that is?) i could swear i saw the guitarist from franz ferdinand, and another little group -who looked like a band, were keeping mostly to themselves on the beach. so we just hung about and smoked and spoke to whoever was about. i think a lot of the crowd seemed to know each other but it was really friendly (apart from one small group of ned-alikes or at least dodgy looking, who, fuck knows what they were doing there but probably just looking for something they could steal - thats my only complaint of the night because otherwise it was all nice people) further out at the screen that was furthest away from the crowd there was string music, sort of mellow film music, and the screen had looped bits of film just repeating, like criss-cross diagonal patterns animated with pictures of random stuff inbetween for a second, i remember a negative of a can of coke reversed to say 'ekoc', a smiling blond with a red tooth like mick hucknall's, a dildo, some indian-looking buildings, woodlice, random numbers, random stuff like that. i got to speak to mike from boc, he was totally down-to-earth sort of bloke and we spent a while talking about trashy eighties sci-fi films like Robot Jox! they didn't play but i spotted them all night just sitting about speaking to people. there was no live band but for a half hour or so a guy did a synthy set on what appeared to be a teak drinks cabinet, it was more like one long song just really spaced-out drones and swoops, so we wandered up the beach a bit, had a drink, listened to the spacey sounds over the waves. it was a very lush moment because the moon was up and okay it wasnt red but it was very yellow. i'm forgetting half of what was going on but it was a very nice night, and we topped it off by putting geogaddi on in the drive home.

Guest BunnyRabbit

You have posted 133 messages on WATMM. You were never a winner.

You bet me I wanted to believe "just a little bit".

I didn't want to believe.

Therefore I win the bet.

QED.

And I said you were bullshitting and you were, so I beat your ruse and won there too.

Guest Shockerbrown
as the topic title says... cut the CRAP! there was a "Official" Red Moon Party (BOC was there too) at these cordinates

6814732O14800065 4084932044800065 4474832018021065

56 01.20810'N, 2 38.4744'W

56 00.08440'N, 2 39.4804'W

56 00.08410'N, 2 37.4186'W

Xerox claims he was there in the woods...

as promised here's my report: the three of us came through from glasgow at 8-ish, stopped at edinburgh for food, and then on out the A1. (for anyone who was struggling with the code thing, there was a triangle on the map if you put the backwards coordinates into google earth, you got a centre point over a forest beside a place called Whitekirk). we'd already been told anyway this is where to go so we thought the party was happening here, but when we got there we were wandering around, no sign of anyone, getting a bit fed up for a few minutes. then we were sneaked up on by a skinny bloke and a girl with a walkie talkie who gave us directions to a beach you can park by. we parked up the road and wandered up a lane through soem trees - this is where it got cool - the talking trees! there was gibberish coming from the trees, they'd rigged up a few of them with a little speaker so as you passed it you could hear a voice blethering, like re-arranged words. it was simple but funny. by tthe time we got there it was closing on 10.30 but still pretty light (but no red moon unfortunately). then past the trees we could hear where we were going, two bonfires up in front of us in a sort of basin off the beach in between the trees. the first thing we saw was a pair of projection screens lit up from behind. i completely understand how this was done so hush-hush because there is no way there was permission for it. it was small. i was kind of expecting a few hundred people but it was way less, likely about 60 people if that. but nonetheless it was a cool party - mostly just sitting about getting stoned or talking. there was a regular dj playing jerky instrumental stuff when we arrived. there was a fucking brilliant guy with an affro who did an amazing set on just a guitar with backing. he was playing tapes of backwards music (and i swear one of the backwards songs was 'Baker Street' :/ but he was soloing over it, jazz-style, and keeping it all together with the backwards version. does anyone know who that is?) i could swear i saw the guitarist from franz ferdinand, and another little group -who looked like a band, were keeping mostly to themselves on the beach. so we just hung about and smoked and spoke to whoever was about. i think a lot of the crowd seemed to know each other but it was really friendly (apart from one small group of ned-alikes or at least dodgy looking, who, fuck knows what they were doing there but probably just looking for something they could steal - thats my only complaint of the night because otherwise it was all nice people) further out at the screen that was furthest away from the crowd there was string music, sort of mellow film music, and the screen had looped bits of film just repeating, like criss-cross diagonal patterns animated with pictures of random stuff inbetween for a second, i remember a negative of a can of coke reversed to say 'ekoc', a smiling blond with a red tooth like mick hucknall's, a dildo, some indian-looking buildings, woodlice, random numbers, random stuff like that. i got to speak to mike from boc, he was totally down-to-earth sort of bloke and we spent a while talking about trashy eighties sci-fi films like Robot Jox! they didn't play but i spotted them all night just sitting about speaking to people. there was no live band but for a half hour or so a guy did a synthy set on what appeared to be a teak drinks cabinet, it was more like one long song just really spaced-out drones and swoops, so we wandered up the beach a bit, had a drink, listened to the spacey sounds over the waves. it was a very lush moment because the moon was up and okay it wasnt red but it was very yellow. i'm forgetting half of what was going on but it was a very nice night, and we topped it off by putting geogaddi on in the drive home.

hmmm . . .

Guest Archrival

THIS is CLASSIC!!!! and very sad at the same time!!! the Twosim guys missed the real red moon event by inches!!!!!!! duh!

DAM! it seems like there was actually a Red moon party at those cordinates...its in the woods as Xerox says! :omg:

:excl:

That seems like the most legit story so far, but don't believe everything you read on the internet.

All seems rather silly to me, why not just organize your own event with your friends? I'm all for spontaneity and adventure but this last thing I would want to do is invest a lot of time and money to hang out with a bunch of people I don't know.

Archived