IGNORED

Death Grips - Year of the Snitch

that's gotta be one of my least favorite death grips tracks and probably their worst album

imo jenny death and bottomless pit are tied for best.

do you like government plates?  even as a pretty big fan i think most of that one is shit

It kinda feels like a throwaway release, but I think it's a pretty good album. It's very different from anything else they had done til then

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

They lost their magic a few albums ago, new track is weak. Perhaps even worse than being weak, it's boring. 

Agree this track seems weak at first listen.. but what album did you feel lost it?  bottomless pit was solid imo, and i return to it more than their others

Government Plates was the last of theirs I liked. I listened to all of niggas on the moon a couple times when it came out and just wasn't feeling it, Fashion Week as well I gave one listen and just...ugh. Have heard a few tracks from each album since but all have been pretty meh. Government Plates wasn't exactly revolutionary or huge or anything but the songs were fucking good. 

I think it's fairly consistent from beginning to end in my humble opinion

agreed. i cant necessarily pick a standout "track" but it flows as an album way better, and is more addictive than other deathgrips

Being a Death Grips fan is tiring, that's probably why I kind of fell off for Bottomless Pit. I loved all their albums up to Niggas On The Moon. Jenny Death was good but was mixed strangely and it was their most punkish album so far. I always took them as alter-hiphop/electronica with punk elements, not the other way around (I still love quite a few songs off Jenny Death). When Bottomless Pit came, I was already quite Eh about it, even though it's probably my fault for not listening to it focused. It just seemed they were still angry for the sake of being angry. New single Streaky is boring which actually excites me. The most extreme thing Death Grips could do after so many extreme albums would be being boring in safe. Fingers crossed for an ambient album. We'll see :)

any band that says "RIP OUR BAND" or "WE'RE DEAD" or something and then isn't is very annoying and probably bad. re: LCD Soundsystem, Death Grips, and of course actress who famously tweeted RIP MUSIC

any band that says "RIP OUR BAND" or "WE'RE DEAD" or something and then isn't is very annoying and probably bad.

Yeah that shit didn't help really. Was really dumb. But ultimately I only care about the music...which...

This is my fav off Bottomless Pit. Album is number two behind Money Store for me. Killer hooks.

It's okay. And if was couched in the middle of a great album I'd probably be down with it, but...

yeah bottomless pit is a great one, probably their best next to the money store imo. also i really enjoy NotM, it was the first death grips album I heard and I was immediately hooked. it's weird how people trash it, i don't get what's not to like? it's IDM as fuck too.

this is probs my fav song on bottomless pit btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOJFhKriSH8

If these two are indicative of the rest of the album I probably won't change my mind about it. May give the whole thing a run through one day this week, but this track doesn't do anything for me at all. I don't know if I would trash what I've heard from Bottomless Pit but I remember listening to a few tracks when it was released and was just terribly bored. Based on my impressions of these two tracks, my opinion hasn't changed.

Anyway, will give the new one a chance when it's out.

Archived