IGNORED

squarepusher hiphop

GetSquirrely

i kinda wish he'd show more of his time-and-space warping hiphop style tracks (if there are any). i love how these tracks make you feel like you're losing your mind. the constant unintelligible speech along with cold, metallic percussion/drones make you feel like you're peering into the mind of a schizophrenic locked in a mental hospital

honorable mention, much more calm & groovy, but still has the uneasiness 

if anyone knows of similar tracks, squarepusher or otherwise, i'd love to see them

Good timing. We were talking about squarepusher in chat the other day and I was saying I'd always hoped he'd do a whole album of tracks like ftrain and 50 cycles.

You never know, it could still happen. 

Tom if you're reading this, do it yeah?

I always imagined that those tracks probably took some of the most time and effort of any of his work to produce. Pretty much anything on Go Plastic or Ultravisitor must have taken endless endless hours to put together.

I always imagined that those tracks probably took some of the most time and effort of any of his work to produce. Pretty much anything on Go Plastic or Ultravisitor must have taken endless endless hours to put together.

Remember him saying in interview that 50 Cycles took forever yeah.

• 4 months later...

not squarepusher, but I get that same mental feeling from it. kicks in real heavy around the 1:20 mark. I've got no idea who it samples. the B side is a xanopticon remix of U-God - Bizarre, absolutely insane track

Archived